Ultrasound Curriculum Coordinator
University Code 35111 University Title Student Services Coordinator 1 University Job Family Student Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Ultrasound Curriculum Coordinator Position Number 591920 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The coordinator position provides administrative support to the School of Medicine Ultrasound longitudinal curriculum through scheduling U/S sessions with faculty, students and Simulation Center in collaboration with Practice of Clinical Medicine staff. Core responsibilities include:
• Serve as first point of contact for students in the course, serve as liaison between Course Directors, SIM Center staff, and Instructors
o Collaboration and provide regular communication with the Simulation Center including reserving space in the Simulation Center, providing equipment needs and coordinating required standardized patients for each session/experience.
• Create, distribute and maintain accurate session scheduling for all medical students.
• Ensure student assignment completion, following up as needed and maintain accurate records of incomplete assignments and absences, collect and report grades.
• Manage student online accounts for image storage, provide training of software and equipment.
• Be present at all Ultrasound sessions to confirm student participation and proactively problem solve.
Minimum Hiring Standards
HS diploma. High level of maturity, judgment and a proven record in an academic or related field is essential.
Demonstrated strong communication (spoken, written, & proofreading) and organizational skills.
Demonstrated experience working with Office Suite, Gsuite products (or similar), including excel, word, powerpoint, copy machines, etc.
Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and engage in effective problem solving.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize, and complete a dynamic task list is required.
Must be precise, thorough, and reliable and perform daily activities with minimal supervision.
Experience working in a direct university / student support role
Ability to work in a diverse environment required.
Preferred Hiring Standards
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience in medical education preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $35,000 - $40,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 03/12/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled No Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104129 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your level of comfort with learning new
computer programs - provide examples.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe a current or previous position, which required good
interpersonal skills and collaboration.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe how you have achieved the ability to plan and
schedule multiple initiatives; and, work efficiently, remain
focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond