ASHS - Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education/Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy
A.T. Still University, Arizona School of Health Sciences (ATSU-ASHS) located on the Mesa, Arizona campus invites applications for a faculty position with the main responsibility as Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE) in the residential Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program. The ideal candidate will have experience as a clinical instructor and/or Site Coordinator of Clinical Education (SCCE), or clinical education coordinator experience as part of a physical therapy education program. The ACCE will work with the Director of Clinical Education (DCE), the Clinical Education Administrative Assistant, and the core faculty to ensure a high quality clinical education program for our residential Doctor of Physical Therapy program. Other responsibilities include teaching, scholarship, academic and research advising, and service to the institution, community, and profession. Candidates must interact collegially with current faculty members and demonstrate willingness to work collaboratively with all A.T. Still University employees. Additionally, they must be able to interact well with entry-level DPT students. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Teaching experience in a doctoral physical therapy program
- Earned terminal doctoral degree
- Demonstrated scholarship productivity
- Actively involved in the physical therapy profession
- Interest in teaching and mentoring in one of our ABPTRFE accredited residency programs
- Doctoral degree (DPT, Ph.D. or equivalent academic doctoral degree)
- 3 years of clinical practice
- 2 years of experience as CI or SCCE OR 2 years of experience in teaching, curriculum development and administration in a physical therapy education program.
- Licensed or eligible for physical therapy licensure in Arizona
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and entry-level DPT students
The physical therapy department offers doctoral degrees in physical therapy (entry level and post-professional), supports both a neurological residency and an orthopedic residency, and hosts multiple CEU courses annually. The current entry-level curriculum is well-developed and produces clinically strong graduates.
ATSU Mesa Campus Interdisciplinary Research Lab: The Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory is a 3,000 square-foot facility with an expanded offering of research equipment and opportunities to study neuromuscular, metabolic, and cognitive function.
Research Support: The A.T. Still University Sponsored Programs office provides extensive research support for acquiring external research funding, from pre-award assistance in finding an appropriate funding opportunity and developing the award application, to post-award assistance and grants management. Additionally, ATSU offers a number of internal competitive grant awards to support faculty, interns, fellows, and students in launching pilot studies that will better prepare them to undertake larger, external grant funding.
A.T. Still University Center for Occupational and Physical Therapy: A teaching center for ATSU’s occupational and physical therapy students that offers pro bono treatment services under the supervision of faculty for a wide variety of conditions http://atsu.edu/ot-pt-center
Residency Education: Faculty with board specialty certifications in orthopedic or neurologic rehabilitation are involved with teaching, mentorship, and continuing education offerings in our accredited residency programs.
Interested applicants should: Complete the online application at atsu.edu/ashs-1587 and include a cover letter, curriculum vita, names and contact information of three professional references to the attention of:
Tracy Ellison, PT, DPT
Board-Certified Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy Faculty Search Committee Chair
AT Still University, Arizona School of Health Sciences
5850 East Still Circle
Mesa, Arizona 85206
You may also reach out to Dr. Ellison directly for inquiries about the position at email@example.com
ATSU is a fully-accredited graduate health professions institution. As the founding school of Osteopathic Medicine, ATSU is committed to the integration of body, mind and spirit. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.atsu.edu.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Occupational Therapy Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa