Full-Time Faculty, Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Law
Singapore Management University (SMU) invites applications for one full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor of Law.
We are interested in candidates who have research and teaching expertise in the area of digital transformation and the law, broadly defined. Candidates with different subject matter expertise are encouraged to look at other career opportunities within the SMU School of Law: https://law.smu.edu.sg/about/careers/academic_appointments_I
The successful applicant will be jointly appointed to the SMU School of Law (SOL) and to the SMU Office of Core Curriculum (OCC). S/he will be expected to:
- Conceptualise and execute research focused on the evolving relationship between law and society, with a special focus on the implications of digital transformation for legal systems, and/or the legal industry
- Develop and teach courses examining key aspects of the impact of digital transformation on law and society, to be delivered both as disciplinary courses to SOL students and multidisciplinary courses within the “Technology and Society” basket of the SMU Core Curriculum to non-law majors . Possible topics include the ethical use of technology, including artificial intelligence; digital governance and its societal consequences; digital citizenship and inclusion; fundamentals of regulatory design; digital commerce; implementation of technology in law firm management, etc. The teaching load is four (4) courses per year, with a one-course reduction during the first pre-tenure contract.
- Participate actively in the research and educational communities at SMU, and in the service of these communities.
Applications should be submitted in English and can be directed to: OCC-SOL Search Committee. Applications should include:
- A cover letter indicating your interest in and suitability for the position;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A 1-2 page research statement;
- Three samples of academic work;
- A 1-2 page teaching statement and, if applicable, teaching evaluations.
Applicants should also arrange for three academic references with contact information to be sent directly to: The Dean, Office of Core Curriculum, Singapore Management University, 81 Victoria Street, Singapore 188065, or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMU is committed to fostering diversity and cultivating an inclusive work environment. Applications from women and minorities are particularly encouraged.
Application deadline: 23 April 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and may be invited to a campus visit, if local COVID-19 measures allow. The expected start date is either 1 July 2021 or 1 January 2022.
Singapore Management University is a research university committed to an multidisciplinary and integrated curriculum. Salary and benefits, such as housing allowance and research support, are highly competitive.
School of Law offers LL.B, LL.M and J.D. degrees. Its faculty are drawn from or have experience in a range of jurisdictions, and are united in their commitment to nurture intellectual curiosity and creativity.
The Office of Core Curriculum oversees the delivery of the SMU Core Curriculum, which offers students a broad-based multidisciplinary curriculum under three pillars, Capabilities, Communities, and Civilisations.
- Post-graduate degree in law or Ph.D. in a related field. Relevant law specialisations include, but are not limited to, IP/IT law, ethics and social responsibility, public law. Those who do not have a postgraduate degree in law are also encouraged to apply if there is evidence of relevant subject matter expertise.
- A record of high quality research in the subject area. The ideal candidate would also showcase an ability to conduct interdisciplinary research.
- A record of excellence in undergraduate or post-graduate teaching in the subject area.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong public speaking skills.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Law & Legal Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Singapore
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Singapore