Visiting Professor of Finance
Visiting Professor of Finance
Job No: 496685
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Accounting & Financial Management
The Freeman College of Management at Bucknell University invites applications for a full-time, visiting faculty position in finance willing to teach introductory and upper-level courses in the college's finance major. The appointment will start in fall 2021 and last for one academic year (2021-22), with renewal a possibility, contingent on satisfactory performance and administrative approval. The teaching load for this position is six courses per academic year.
- A record of, or the demonstrated potential for, excellence in undergraduate teaching to a diverse student body.
- Candidates must be willing to teach introductory and upper-level courses in the college's finance major.
- Candidates must possess a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a field appropriate for teaching finance and related subjects in the Freeman College of Management or candidates will have completed or be near completion of the Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a field appropriate for teaching finance and related subjects in the Freeman College of Management.
The approximately 650 undergraduate students in the AACSB-accredited Freeman College of Management may choose among seven highly interdisciplinary majors that combine courses in the various fields of management with offerings in the arts, humanities, natural and social sciences, and engineering. Our innovative curriculum and world-class teacher-scholars earned the Freeman College a top 30 ranking in the 2020 Poets & Quants' annual survey of undergraduate business programs. We believe that an undergraduate education that combines technical skills and deep intellectual exploration is the best preparation for thoughtful and capable leaders. New faculty members must be capable of contributing to this mission through progressive teaching, advising, scholarship, and service. For additional information pertaining to our curriculum, please visit https://www.bucknell.edu/academics/freeman-college-management/majors-departments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For additional information and to apply, please visit Bucknell's career site at careers.bucknell.edu. Applications will only be accepted online. We intend to conduct interviews remotely. Complete files must include:
- A letter of application,
- A current curriculum vitae,
- A statement of teaching philosophy,
- Evidence of teaching excellence, and
- A statement describing experience(s), training, or engagement with issues of diversity, inclusion, and equity, including efforts to work with and support students in an inclusive manner and incorporating diverse topics, sources, and readings into your courses.
Please address any questions about the search to Prof. David Jensen, Chair of the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496685/visiting-professor-of-finance