Assistant Professor of Art - Digital Media
The Northern State University Art Department is seeking
applications for an
Assistant Professor (tenure track) assignment in the area of Digital Media Design. Primary assigned duties to include:
- Teach applied studio classes in Web Design, Motion Graphics, Digital Video and Interactive Design.
- Teach foundation classes in digital media sections
- Manage the department Graphics Labs
- Participate in department activities including recruitment, student advising and mentoring, department planning, field trips and student advocacy.
- Serve on University Committee(s) as assigned.
Preferred candidates will hold an MFA in digital media with demonstrated experience in digital media and expertise in visual design. Preferred candidates will be current issues in topics related to digital culture and contemporary art/criticism. Evidence of current professional activities and higher education teaching experience (beyond the T.A.) preferred.
Academic Achievement/Professional Development examples may include:
- 15-20 examples of digital media/design works
- 10 -15 samples of student work, beginning through advanced courses.
- Publications (editing, citations, etc.)
- Presentations at professional meetings
- Current works in progress
- Grants received
- Other professional service or development activities
This position starts August 21, 2021. Review of applications will begin on April 12, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current vitae/resume, transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and samples of professional work (writings, publications, studio interests, etc.).
Northern State University is a NASAD accredited institution offering AS, BA and BFA degree programs in Digital Media and Studio Fine Art, and a BSED degree in Art Education.