Vice President of Human Resources, R21011
Vice President of Human Resources, R21011
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Division: Human Resources
Job Number: R21011
Job Status: Full-TimeNot Eligible for OvertimeNon-Represented
Reporting to the President of Bellevue College, the Vice President of Human Resource (VPHR) is responsible for providing leadership of Human Resource (HR) functions for faculty, staff, and student employees at Bellevue College. This position provides vision, leadership, and direction for a comprehensive college-wide human resource program. The Vice President will formulate, communicate, and execute strategic initiatives to integrate human resource strategies into the College's core objectives. The Vice President will foster collaborative and service-oriented approaches within all areas of human resources. The position is responsible for the functions of labor and employee relations, recruitment, classification, compensation, benefit administration, records management and information systems, training and development, performance management. The position also serves as the Ethics Officer and ADA Officer for the College.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Salary range begins at $135,000. Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Office of Human Resources is a dynamic and dedicated office that integrates strategic human resources management, pay and position administration, and process improvement to build and support a fully engaged, diverse workforce environment to meet the goals and mission of Bellevue College. Our staff strives to make Bellevue College the Employer of Choice by creating and fostering an environment which allows the College to attract, hire, and retain the best people.
- Develop and implement an overall human resource vision and strategic plan consistent with the College mission and goals and that promotes a culture of inclusiveness.
- Provide innovative leadership, problem solving, and guidance in the areas of: employment; recruitment; classification and compensation; employee records and information systems; training and development; retirement systems; labor relations; employee relations; benefits administration and performance management.
- Coordinate with college leadership to identify area effectiveness metrics and appropriate evaluation measures to support the BC Strategic Plan.
- Develop policies and programs to ensure compliance with applicable college, state, and federal regulations, guidelines, and standards; develop and implement programs to meet those requirements.
- Research and analyze employment trends in higher education and other similar institutions to develop best-employment practices for Bellevue College.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effect changes required for improvement in all supervised areas.
- Evaluate, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing plan to effectively and efficiently accomplish the College's and unit goals and objectives.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel within reporting units, including work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluate departmental performance and unit staff; motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Build collaborative relationships with major constituencies including faculty, staff, academic and non-academic administrators, managers and supervisors, employee organizations, and union representatives.
- Provide strategic consultation and guidance to senior staff on a range of personnel, work/life, and contractual matters.
- Advise major constituencies on human resource matters.
- Foster working relationships with other higher education human resource departments, state agencies, and other relative regulatory agencies.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Serve on local or system-wide committees in matters related to human resources, equal opportunity, affirmative action or other HR related matters.
- Responsible for the area's financial planning and budget control including operating and capital budget activities.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the related units, and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses of units supervised.
- Address ad hoc requests and special projects as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA's degree in business, human resources management, public administration, organizational development or a related field from a regionally- accredited college or college. Any combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in human resources, including three or more years of supervisory and management experience.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Application deadline is now extended through 03/28/2021 to receive a first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to start of employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How to Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
- Complete an online application
- Attach a Cover Letter of no more than three (3) pages describing how you meet the professional and desired characteristics of the position
- Attach a current Resume, including educational background, professional experience, achievements and professional activities
- Attach a Diversity Statement of no more than two (2) pages that addresses the following: Describe and provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bellevuecollege/jobs/2975335/vice-president-of-human-resources-r21011
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.