C21-046 Human Resources Associate
Human Resource Associate
Human Resources Department
Central Connecticut State University invites applications for a full-time, Human Resources Associate in the Office of Human Resources. The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals supporting a campus rich in diversity and traditions. The ideal candidate will have experience in retirement benefits counseling and processing for State of Connecticut employees as well as a broad range of human resources functions, including training and presenting to large employee groups. Working in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-volume office, the incumbent will be expected to process a variety of Human Resources transactions utilizing Core-CT and other computerized platforms; to advise and guide CCSU employees, University Managers and Supervisors in the administration of Human Resources policies, procedures, benefits administration and union contract compliance. Candidates are expected to be committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Six (6) years of full-time professional Human Resources or
employee benefit administration
- Experience in employee counseling, including retirement and other employee benefits.
- Experience in researching, interpreting and applying Federal
and State employment laws and
regulations, including Wage and Hour, Family Medical Leave, Civil Rights, Worker’s Compensation,
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the administration of human
resources policies and procedures,
employment laws and regulations, and multiple collective bargaining agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A record of meeting deadlines and managing multiple tasks with exceptional follow-through skills.
- Proven commitment to serving a culturally diverse community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management and or professional HR certification.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience counseling and processing retirement benefits for State of Connecticut employees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, edit and present training and other employee educational programs and materials as well as complex statistical reports including the ability to use database management, spreadsheet, and statistical software, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, high volume setting.
- Demonstrated experience in performing a broad range of Human Resources functions including recruitment, leave benefit administration, employee and labor relations, employee benefit administration, Human Resources Information Systems.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
The University: The largest of Connecticut’s regional comprehensive universities, Central currently enrolls over 10,000 students. A third of its undergraduates are students of color, the largest group being Hispanic. Ninety-six percent of the students are from Connecticut. For more information about Central Connecticut State University, please visit www.ccsu.edu.
The Community: Located nine miles southwest of Hartford, New Britain is a city of some 70,000. Part of the Greater Hartford area of 1.2 million residents, New Britain is centrally located in the state and is within easy reach of much of Connecticut and several metropolitan areas in the region. New Britain’s population is characterized by a high degree of racial and ethnic diversity. Known as “Little Poland,” 17 percent of its population are of Polish background. It is the home of three Polish language newspapers and one television station, and annually hosts the Little Poland Festival. Significant portions of its population come from Puerto Rican, Italian, and Irish backgrounds. Currently, 37 percent of its population are Hispanic; 11 percent are African American; 25 percent live below the poverty line.
In addition to all that Hartford provides, New Britain is 40 minutes from Springfield, Mass., two hours from Boston, and two hours from New York City. It is also part of the Hartford-Springfield “Knowledge Corridor” and, therefore, within easy driving distance of a host of private and public institutions of higher education and many cultural opportunities.
Application and Appointment: For full consideration, applications must be received by April 2, 2021. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Salary range begins at $62,003 with excellent fringe benefits including tuition waiver for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Connecticut State Universities (Central, Eastern, Southern or Western). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To begin the application process please visit the CCSU HR Job Opportunities at https://www.ccsu.edu/hr/faculty-management-admin.html. Select job [C21-046] Human Associate and click on the Apply button and submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position
- Current resume
- Names of three current professional references identifying relationship to applicant, email addresses and telephone numbers
E-mailed or mailed applications will not be accepted. Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted. Please ensure your Social Security Number is not listed on any documents submitted.
For more information, contact Daniel Moreland at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an affirmative action employer, Central Connecticut State University actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Britain