Vice President of Student Services & Institutional Effectiveness
The Vice President of Student Services & Institutional Effectiveness is the chief student services officer of the College and reports directly to the President. The Vice President has overall responsibility for providing leadership, management, and supervision for student services programs, student services personnel, student financial aid, recruiting and retention, enrollment management, and institutional effectiveness. The Vice President also serves as the SACSCOC Liaison and has primary responsibility of institutional accreditation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for ensuring that the College provides a comprehensive array of student services, student development programs focused on student success, and enrollment management programs, including, but not limited to, admissions, counseling, advising, career planning and placement, recruiting and retention, registration and records, financial aid, student discipline, student activities, intercollegiate athletic programs, student advocacy, services for students with special needs, cultural activities, grants management, and other student support services and programs.
- Provide leadership for institutional effectiveness to include SACSCOC accreditation, state and national data reporting, and strategic data analysis to inform decision-making.
- Plan, design, develop and deliver student programs and services that implement the goals of the College; provide leadership for evaluating and ensuring quality in all aspects of the College’s student services, student development and enrollment management programs and staff.
- Maintain productive relationships with all segments of the College and community including K-12 superintendents, principals, guidance counselors, leadership from local community-based agencies, and other state agencies.
- Recommend, develop and implement student services policies, procedures and practices which foster and promote student learning and student success, and which support the educational programs of the College; recommend organizational structures, personnel and resources to ensure a student-centered/learner-centered environment at all levels; represent the College to various external entities and with outside agencies in matters relating to the College’s student services.
- Develop, foster and promote new opportunities for partnerships with public and private sector entities; provide leadership for establishing multi-year tactical and annual operational goals designed to implement the strategic goals of the College’s President and Board; assume responsibility for other college affairs and matters at the discretion and in the absence of the College’s President.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the recruitment and retention of students; actively recruit for the College and work to promote retention and student success.
- Assume leadership and responsibility for establishing an environment which promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, respect for students, faculty, and staff and recognizes initiative and excellence.
- Prepare appropriate reports; analyze and evaluate enrollment and retention data; project student enrollment and retention data to be used in strategic decision making.
- Provide leadership for directing college-wide activities related to student due-process/judicial proceedings, including, but not limited to, writing appropriate policies and procedures and conducting investigations and hearings on student judicial matters.
- Provide leadership in maintaining a student- and learner-centered philosophy and focus for student services initiatives with a clear focus on successful student outcomes including enrollment, program selection, retention, graduation, placement, and transfer success.
- Provide leadership and oversee the application of the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure all students have equal access to services.
- Maintain continuous evaluation of the economic feasibility of student services to ensure that only those programs with appropriate priority in terms of need and demand are continued; participate in and supervise the preparation and recommendation of detailed budgets, with cost estimates, for functions supervised; establish and maintain budgetary control of functions supervised.
- Support college activities and special events through attendance and/or participation.
- Maintain confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees.
- Manage grants as assigned to student services and as appropriate.
- Contribute to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
- Perform all other duties necessary to accomplish the educational objectives of the College and/or as assigned by the President.
Minimum Education, Skills and Ability
Preferred Education, Skills and Abilities
All applicants are required to submit a letter of interest (not to exceed five pages) addressing each of the specific qualifications listed on the position announcement.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by April 16 however; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Lenoir Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College complies with existing federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. The College prohibits discrimination against and/or exclusion from participation in any benefits or activities by any person, either on the staff and faculty or in the student body, on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, political affiliation, or disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kinston
- Academic Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kinston
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kinston
- Student Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kinston
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kinston