Director of Superiorland Library Cooperative
Michigan’s northernmost library cooperative, serving most of the Upper Peninsula and parts of the Northern Lower Peninsula, is looking for a forward thinking, dynamic, and experienced leader to take us into the future of library service. The Superiorland Library Cooperative works for our 36 member libraries to provide current, innovative, and quality service to the communities they serve. The libraries within our cooperative are diverse, multi-type, creative, collaborative, and resourceful.
The cooperative’s director, staff, and member libraries are what drives the success of the organization. We work collaboratively, and are seeking a team builder, critical thinker, and dynamic personality to take us forward in these unprecedented times. The ideal candidate will possess skills in technology, training, team building, and knowledge of emerging trends to help lead SLC into a new era of library service. This individual will be articulate and have the knowledge and experience to work effectively with library governing boards, librarians, staff, public officials and organizations, and community groups.
The Cooperative’s mission is to
provide and facilitate quality services developed through
collaboration with our member libraries. We also strive to provide
a high return on the libraries’ financial investment in the
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MLIS from an American Library Association accredited institution.
- Minimum of four years of progressive responsibility with both administrative and supervisory experience in a public library, or equivalent, required. - OR - (Minimum of four years of progressive responsibility with both significant library management and administrative experience in a public library or equivalent, including experience managing library automation systems and related technologies.)
- Experience working with or reporting to a governing board is required.
- Grant writing and contract negotiation/management experience is required.
- Experience with multi-type libraries is desirable.
- Superior skills in verbal and written communication, along with excellent diplomacy skills.
- Flexibility to embrace challenges.
- Able to lead, plan, and coordinate the work of the cooperative staff.
- Exercises tact, courtesy and good judgment in decision making and evaluation of situations.
- Ensures that professional development and continuing learning opportunities are offered to staff and the membership.
- Ability to manage and complete many simultaneous tasks.
- Position requires a significant amount of travel within the state of Michigan.
Superiorland Library Cooperative is located in the beautiful
city of Marquette, Michigan, on the shore of Lake Superior. Home to
Northern Michigan University, this community combines a historic
downtown, with a vibrant, young population and many activities,
both indoor and outdoor, in the state’s most amazing playground –
The Upper Peninsula. Located a short drive away from places like
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Grand Island, Au Sable Falls,
camping and hiking; as well as museums and other cultural
attractions, Marquette is a great place to live for all ages.
Working as Director of Superiorland Library Cooperative is a rare opportunity that enables professional growth and development, participation in professional groups, and networking.
- The annual salary for this position is $68,000 - $75,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Moving expense stipend is included.
- A generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and a defined contribution retirement plan, is included.
- Considerable paid time off, including vacation, sick time, personal days, and paid holidays.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is May 15, 2021 by 4:00 pm ET. Superiorland Library Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Executive Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Harvey
- Executive Directors Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Harvey
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Harvey
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Harvey