Research Data Analyst
Research Data Analyst
College of Engineering & Science, University of Detroit Mercy
The College of Engineering & Science and the ReBUILDetroit Program is seeking a Research Data Analyst to manage data collection and reporting requirements and assist with data analysis for dissemination for the National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded ReBUILDetroit program. The ReBUILDetroit (Building Infrastructure Leading to Diversity) seeks to enhance the diversity of NIH-funded research scientist workforce (see ReBUILDetroit.org). University of Detroit Mercy is the lead institution in a consortium with research partner Wayne State University and pipeline partner Henry Ford College.
We are seeking an experienced Research Data Analyst, familiar with higher education institution research and grant reporting who can perform the following functions:
• Collect, manage, analyze, disseminate, and report on data pertaining to the ReBUILDetroit program.
• Work with the National Institutes of Health, the Coordination and Evaluation Center (CEC) and 3rd party evaluators, and Detroit Mercy Institutional Research for managing data and grant reporting.
• Work with Detroit Mercy Institutional Research, the Registrar's office and Admissions in tracking academic data for BUILD scholars, the comparison group, and potential applicants.
• Create reports including appropriate statistical analysis and data visualization using appropriate tools (e.g., Access, Argos, SQL, SPSS, Tableau). Assist with writing and analysis for manuscripts, reports, grants and dissemination to internal and external audiences.
• Collaborate with faculty and administrators to identify appropriate means and ways to communicate outcomes and findings to multiple audiences.
A quality candidate will possess the following:
• Understanding of institutional data and working in a higher education setting.
• Knowledge of data processing, integrity and cleaning, and reporting principles and practices.
• Effective verbal and written communication, and data visualization with adherence to federal accessibility guidelines.
• Ability to advise faculty writing grants in the effective utilization of data from analyses.
• Fundamental understanding of educational research methods and practice, including protection of human subjects/confidentiality and knowledge of ethical use of data.
• Working understanding of qualitative and quantitative statistical research methods
• Ability to conduct and coordinate multiple activities/projects and deadlines simultaneously. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
• Orientation to detail and maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and databases.
The successful candidate will be self-directed, detail-oriented, organized, an effective communicator, with a commitment to supporting diversity initiatives. The candidate should have experience with statistical analysis and data collection and reporting for grants.
This position reports to the ReBUILDetroit PI and Dean of Engineering & Science at the University of Detroit Mercy, College of Engineering & Science, Dean Katherine Snyder. The position is also housed at the University of Detroit Mercy, but coordinates budget and program management activities between the consortium partner institutions.
The Research Data Analyst will devote 12 calendar months (100% effort). ReBUILDetroit is in the second round of its grant and the position is funded through July 1, 2024. We hope to sustain the position beyond grant funding.
The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a culturally diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all races, religions and backgrounds. Michigan's largest, most comprehensive private University, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Jesuit- Mercy Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Society of Jesus and the Religious Sisters of Mercy. The US News and World Report ranked Detroit Mercy in the top tier in the Midwest. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's mission, diversity and excellence of its academic community.
View information at: Employment Listings for a Job at Detroit Mercy | University of Detroit Mercy (https://www.udmercy.edu/faculty-staff/hr/jobs.php)
Candidates should apply by completing an application and upload materials at:
University of Detroit Mercy - Research Data Analyst - ReBUILDetroit Program (https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/487741)
Materials should include a resume, a cover letter, and contact information for three references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.