Applications Analyst (Workday)
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications at Rhodes College, this role is primarily responsible for supporting our Workday enterprise system. This position will be part of our Workday Core Team in Information Services, supporting our existing HR, Finance, and Payroll implementation and playing a key role in the implementation of the Student, Financial Aid, and Student Account modules. Job duties include:
- System Management - Managing Workday change requests, coordinating Workday testing, implementing security changes.
- Troubleshooting - Assisting colleagues in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core business applications, databases, and other information systems, particularly Workday.
- Reporting and Analytics – Coordinating the use of Prism and other Workday-related reporting tools used on campus.
- Integration Coordination – Working with functional users and supporting partners to develop and support integrations between Workday and other systems, including authentication.
- Documentation and Training – Extending our existing internal Workday documentation and assisting in training administrators and end users with how to use the system.
- Maintaining Campus Partnerships with HR, Finance, Student Life, and Academic Affairs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with administrative software systems with at least 2 years of experience supporting Workday HCM/FIN/PAY or related Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) support.
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with data integration maintenance and administration.
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new data integrations across a variety of systems.
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages (C, C++, Java) and data exchange technologies (REST, APIs, XML).
- Ability to communicate with self-awareness, sensitivity, and professionalism in a diverse work environment.
- Able to prioritize work effectively and be self-motivated to work independently and follow-through to meet department deadlines.
- Must have the ability to deliver high-level customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience supporting workplace diversity and inclusion.
- 5+ years of work experience with IT with administrative software systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred.
- Experience with troubleshooting system problems and command line skills strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with project management methodology and ability to both lead, and participate in, projects.
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills.
- Experience with Agile software development using JIRA, Confluence or other collaboration tools.
- Experience building and supporting Workday Studio integrations, as well as EIB data loads.
- Experience configuring and supporting SAML2-based authentication methods.