Director, Equal Opportunity & Outreach, Title IX and ADA Deputy Coordinator
Job no: 505201
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Human Resources / Equal Opportunity & Outreach
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Mar 12 2021
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Equal Opportunity and Outreach and Diversity and Inclusion, investigate complaints related to potential violations of the university’s equal opportunity and Title IX policies. Manages the daily office operations, including the status of the investigations and provides guidance and support to the Equal Opportunity and Outreach personnel in all the equal opportunity matters, including but not limited to civil rights, Title IX, ADA /504. Under the guidance and leadership of the Associate Vice Chancellor, provide assistance, advice, and counsel to the university’s community regarding civility, equal opportunity, Title IX, diversity and inclusion matters, and reviews the office’s policies and procedures to ensure they are current and based on best practices. In collaboration with the Associate Vice Chancellor develops and delivers equal opportunity and diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives to provide information and education to the community and to enhance the employees and students’ knowledge and understanding in these areas to assist the university in fostering an environment that is welcoming, respectful and safe for all. Works with other members of the Human Resources and Equal Opportunity & Outreach team.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Juris Doctor *
- 8-10 years directly related experience involving equal opportunity, state and federal civil rights and employment- discrimination, including, but not limited to, the Title IX regulations, the Massachusetts Campus Sexual Violence Act, and other related litigation including experience conducting trauma informed EEO and Massachusetts employment discrimination related investigations and responding to external complaints.
- Prior experience with public sector unions and/or higher education labor relations or human resources
- Proven ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of the university’s HR informational data
- Demonstrated experience implementing a variety of civil rights, equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, programs and policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Human Resources and Equal Opportunity Management practices
- Knowledge of appropriate federal and state employment discrimination, Title IX, VI, VII, ADA, Section 504 and other related laws and practices
* Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for the Juris Doctor degree
- Knowledge of appropriate UMass Trustee and campus’ regulations, policies and practices
- Ability to work effectively in both a team/group environment, and independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external staff and outside agencies both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to effectively provide information in an individual or group presentation
- Proven ability to effectively supervise and motivate office personnel
- Proficient in Maxient, Applicant Tracking Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and other Microsoft Office programs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lowell
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lowell
- Human Resources Administration Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lowell
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lowell