Registrar – Job Description
The primary role of the CMSRU registrar is to maintain the permanent records and documents that pertain to each matriculated student’s progress through medical school.
Documents and Records:
The CMSRU registrar is responsible for maintaining documents that preserve the institutional memory of a school.
- Maintain each matriculated student’s official academic record.
- Coordinate diplomas for graduation and certify that all students have met institutional graduation requirements.
- Receive and record, final course grades and student performance evaluations.
- Maintain and distribute the official transcript.
- Establish policies for access to student academic records in accordance with the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Maintain, interpret, and implement university, state, and federal guidelines and policies regarding student records.
- Maintain official documents pertaining to student promotion, disciplinary actions, leave of absence, extended academic programs, withdrawals, and other changes in student status.
- Serve as the official school representative regarding student records.
- Serve as the official school representative for designated internal and external student databases.
- Certify graduates in the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Student Records System (SRS) and National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) databases.
- The CMSRU registrar is responsible for coordinating registration and enrollment.
- Coordinate course registration and distribute grade rosters.
- Maintain and prepare student directory information in Banner.
- Report and update AAMC enrollment records in the SRS.
- Manage leaves of absence and withdrawals.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Visiting Student Coordination:
- The Registrar is responsible for managing the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO/VSAS) services of the AAMC for CMSRU students for visiting rotations.
- Maintain a shared database with the Office of Medical Education (OME) M4 Coordinator.
- Update all materials posted in the VSLO/VSAS system for CMSRU students planning elective rotations.
- Coordinate with the OME M4 Coordinator for students rotating/visiting at Cooper University Health Care (CUHC), verify eligibility for visiting students in the VSLO/VSAS database.
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) is a service that transmits applications, letters of recommendation (LORs), Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPEs), medical school transcripts, United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) transcripts, and other supporting credentials from applicants and their designated Dean's Office to program directors.
- Enter all students contact information in ERAS.
- Monitor activity with ERAS including the assurance that all students meet due dates.
- Upload transcripts and other needed documents.
- Update internal Match Database
National Resident Matching R3 :
- Monitor activity to assure all students register and rank
- Certify and withdraw students
- Run reports for Residency Match and Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP)
- Participate in presentations to students regarding ERAS and R3
- Five (5) years’ of experience working with students as a registrar
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to deal professionally and confidentially
- Must have computer skills in the area of data entry.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Experience with Banner required
- FERPA expertise
- Preferred experience as a medical school Registrar
- Capable of handling multiple demands on an on-going basis while maintaining flexibility and adaptability
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well in a confidential fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with the Registrar’s Office at Rowan University
- Must be able to communicate, interact and work effectively with students, faculty, staff and all external constituencies
- Must have Banner database experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
Advertised: Mar 18 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 12 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro