Full Time Faculty, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverageKEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the South University model of curricula as well as supports the South University style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, to create activities which support lesson objectives, and to deliver the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- PhD or EdD in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program, or have a related doctoral degree and been employed as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2013.
- 1-2 years' experience as instructor of record in master's and/or doctorate-level face-to-face, on-ground clinical mental health counseling instruction in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction
- Current Georgia state LPC licensure required.
- Shows evidence of sustained professional development and renewal activities related to counseling and evidence of professional service and advocacy in counseling.
- Certification as a qualified clinical supervisor (ACS or CPCS) preferred for clinical training instruction and supervision to include Georgia Composite Board of PCs, SWs, and MFTs required telemental health certification and/or training in service delivery and supervision.
- Minimum working knowledge of web-based learning environment technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Doctorate