Extension Agent I - IV – Community Resource Development (71745)
The Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences is committed to creating an environment that affirms diversity across a variety of dimensions, including ability, class, ethnicity/race, gender identity and expression. We particularly welcome applicants who can contribute to such an environment through their scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and professional service. We strongly encourage historically underrepresented groups to apply.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD) or visit Accessibility at UF .
The Univ. of Florida (UF) is a Land Grant institution with core values of unique purpose, excellence, integrity, collaboration and partnership, lifelong learning, diversity, responsiveness, innovation, communication, and global reach. IFAS employs more than 2,000 faculty and staff statewide. IFAS Extension employs 375 Extension Agents and has an office in each of Florida’s 67 counties.
Our mission in the Florida Cooperative Extension Service is to partner with communities to provide quality, relevant education and research-based expertise to foster healthy people, a healthy environment, and a healthy economy. We are the resource that helps educate Floridians to address issues related to agriculture, horticulture, natural resources, youth development, families and communities.
As an Extension Agent, you will work jointly for UF/IFAS Extension and Clay County in leading a science-based education program in community resource development (CRD). Academically, CRD is a process that helps individuals of a community act collectively, enhancing the capacity of community members to improve their local situation. Practically, CRD is an outcome that improves the physical, social, economic, and environmental conditions in a community. The end result is collective action where local decision-makers and residents work together to improve the condition of their community. As the Agent, you will lead through the design, implementation, and evaluation of educational programming that meets the needs of the county’s diverse population. This position provides the opportunity for you to make a positive impact in the Clay County community.
What you will do:
- Plan, organize, produce, and distribute educational materials and programming for individuals, entrepreneurs, community groups, local governments, businesses, and nonprofit organizations.
- Target your programs to both adult (95%) and 4-H Youth Development (5%) audiences.
- Conduct community data analysis to increase the local knowledge base necessary for informed individual and community-based decision-making.
- Engage extension faculty, policymakers, and stakeholders to become involved in community resource development issues.
- Provide citizens with tools to make informed choices to balance a strong economy, a clean environment, and a healthy population.
- Maintain an effective program advisory committee with appropriate community representation.
- Use computer technology for communications, teaching, and program management.
- Use a variety of delivery methods to meet program objectives.
- Seek and obtain financial resources to support your extension programs.
- Adhere to all Univ. of Florida and county government policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership for management of all program components.
- Assume other assignments and responsibilities as needed to support the total county extension program as assigned by the County Extension Director or District Extension Director.
Employment is contingent on the results of a national background screening.
Extension is a partnership between state, federal, and county governments to provide scientific knowledge and expertise to the public. As such, all partners are involved in the supervision of the office and contribute to the salary and support resources. The primary goal of Extension is to disseminate the latest knowledge and applicable technologies in agriculture, human and natural resources, and the life sciences in order to sustain and enhance the quality of human life. The UF/IFAS mission is accomplished through Extension faculty members, scientists, educators, administrative staff, and volunteers working cohesively throughout Florida’s 67 counties.
Review of applications will begin in early April and will continue until the position is filled. Please be aware that interviews might not be scheduled until 4 to 6 weeks after the position closing date. Are you a good match? Apply today!
What you will bring (required):
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, business, community development, or a related field of study from an accredited college or university with an emphasis on leadership, financial management, and/or community development. We will accept applicants without a bachelor’s degree if the degree will be earned by May, 2021. If hired solely with a bachelor’s degree, we want you to grow in your career. Therefore, you will be expected to progress at least halfway towards obtaining a master's degree within 6 years of employment.
- A commitment to positive and proactive customer service, shown by timely and efficient response to clients.
- Strong oral and written interpersonal, communication, leadership, and social media skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and balance diverse responsibilities.
- Good organizational skills.
- A commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA) guidelines of UF/IFAS Extension and Clay County.
- Ability to possess (or be able to obtain) a Florida driver’s license.
- Flexibility with working hours; willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and overnight travel.
What you will bring (preferred):
- A master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience in creating lesson plans, developing instructional materials, and applying teaching methods appropriate for the audience.
- Expertise in getting groups to work together for a higher goal, managing competing priorities, and adaptability to handle unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish solid partnerships and find innovative ways to attract new audiences.
Apply at http://apply.interfolio.com/85411 by 11:59 p.m. (Eastern) of the posting end date, and attach:
- Cover letter that describes how your experience and qualifications have prepared you for this position
- Résumé or Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts and/or coursework of your academic degrees
The following documents are also required and may either be submitted through the above link at the time of application, or sent separately to our office (below).
- Current and Previous Employment Form (located at https://hr.ifas.ufl.edu/resources/form-index/current-and-previous-employment-form/ ).
- A minimum of 3 reference rating forms (located at http://hr.ifas.ufl.edu/assets/pdf/forms/ref_form.pdf ) from your professional/academic references. Reference forms will be kept on file for 1 year and will be automatically used with any of our extension agent positions you apply for during that time.
Reference rating forms and unofficial transcripts not submitted at the time of application should be submitted/postmarked by the next business day after the position’s closing date. They may be submitted to:
Ms. Dana LeCuyer
UF IFAS Human Resources
Faculty Recruitment and Hiring
P O Box 110281
Gainesville, FL 32611-0281
Fax: (352) 392-3226
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/ .
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Green Cove Springs
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Green Cove Springs
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Green Cove Springs
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Green Cove Springs
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Green Cove Springs