Director of Clinical Experiences in Education
Salary and Terms: Probationary, full time position. Salary placement is based on evaluation of experience. MSUAASF Range C.
Appointment Date: May 1, 2021 or a date to be negotiated
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled.
The Director of Clinical Experiences in Education will direct the Office of Placement & Licensure for on campus and distance field experiences, including student teaching. The Director supports licensure transcript reviews, and serves as an additional licensure officer for the university. Service on statewide committees and the distance learning supervision will require some travel. The Director will lead and be responsible for the field experience placements and maintain communication between faculty and field placement coordinators. The Director will work with School Districts to identify K-12 schools for teacher candidate placements. The Director will also provide university supervisor and classroom mentor training as well as lead student teaching seminars.
- Master’s degree in Education or a related field with experience in teacher education and Three (3) years of teaching experience in P-12 as a licensed teacher, or a Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of teaching experience in P-12 as a licensed teacher (will need to obtain Master’s degree within one (1) year of hire).
- Demonstrated commitment or proven strategies for fostering a diverse and inclusive environment; demonstrated ability or proven strategies to teach and work with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- edTPA scorer training is required within one year of hire.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, decision-making and technology skills.
- Experience in the supervision of field supervisors.
- Experience with Livetext and edTPA.
- Experience in teacher education and/or MN educator licensure.
- Experience in building relationships with regional education community stakeholders.
Southwest Minnesota State University is one of seven universities in the Minnesota State system. SMSU gives highest priority to excellence in teaching and preparing students to be lifelong learners through quality undergraduate and graduate teaching/advising and close student/faculty relationships. Its mission, dating back to 1967, provides access to university-level programs in liberal arts & professional studies. The University has a special commitment to the educational needs of the people in its service region reflected through its curricula, cultural programs, diversity of staff and students, cooperative relationships with the public and private sectors, and regional institutions. The 216-acre campus encompasses 24 modern, interconnected, and accessible buildings. Marshall (pop. 13,000) is the hub of a rich agricultural area and offers a variety of cultural, recreational and educational opportunities.
Application Data: Letter of application addressing position qualifications, resume, and transcripts must be attached to your application. Complete the online application process at https://smsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/1581 to apply for the position. Additional information on Southwest Minnesota State University can be found at: www.SMSU.edu
Southwest Minnesota State University is a member of the Minnesota State System and is an equal opportunity educator and employer. The University is committed to affirmative recruitment and encourages applications from women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities. Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Affirmative Action Office, 507-537-6208. For TTY communications, contact Minnesota Relay Service at 1-800-627-3529. This vacancy notice is available in alternative format upon request.
More searches like this
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Marshall
- Academic Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Marshall
- Other Academic Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Marshall
- Student Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Marshall
- Other Student Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Marshall