Williams College is pleased to announce an opening for a 35-hour per week, 10-month academic year Utility Worker position in Dining Services. Working under the daily supervision of the Catering Chef, this position will be responsible for occasional food preparation, custodial duties, dishes, and event set-ups in the Faculty House. This position will perform opening and closing duties in the Faculty house that include, but are not limited to, maintaining and cleaning all kitchen and service areas. Schedule varies weekly based on levels of business and includes day, evening, and weekend hours.
For optimal consideration, please apply by April 1, 2021. Review of applications will continue until a hire is made. Pay starts at $15.75 per hour, Job Band S05. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Food preparation including washing, peeling, and cutting various foods to prepare for cooking and serving
- Package take-out foods and/or serve food to customers
- Restocking all service ware during dining meal periods and sanitizing kitchen and dining room areas
- Custodial duties, and small event set-ups for meeting and breaks
- Assists in receiving, organizing, and stocking all incoming goods.
- Operate, maintain, and sanitize the dish machine
- Clean and sanitize dishware, utensils and cooking equipment
- Dispose of food waste, recyclable materials, and sanitize all receptacles
- Sanitize kitchen areas, serving lines, dish storage areas and mop rooms, as well as maintaining clean and orderly recycling areas
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work independently, stand for prolonged periods of time, and handle heavy material involving lifting and bending and complete duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs
- Must be enthusiastic and possess strong customer service skills when working with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff
- Knowledge and ability to serve guests with the highest level of professional service is required
- Prior food service experience is preferred
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.