International Student Advisor
Job Title International Student Advisor Posting Number S889P Classification Title
Ensures University and F-1 student compliance with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Student and Exchange Visitor Information System ( SEVIS ) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Responsible for the maintenance of F-1 student files and SEVIS records. Advises and assists students and university officials with matters related to U.S. immigration policy. Provides support for International Students. This is a 40 hours 12 month, non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Advises F-1 students on maintaining status per U.S. immigration regulations
2. Oversees F-1 student files and ensures university record-keeping complies with regulations
3. Creates/updates student forms relating to immigration and F-1 student status
4. Develops and provides information sessions for F-1 students, and university faculty and staff, as needed
5. Ensures university compliance relating to F-1 students and U.S. Department of Homeland Security regulations
6. Provides support to International Admissions, to ensure the enrollment of new international students
7. Responsible for resolving all SEVIS -related matters, in consultation with supervision, as needed
8. Registers students in SEVIS at the beginning of each academic term
9. Maintains each F-1 student’s SEVIS record, including current program information, address, and work authorizations (if applicable)
10. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of university programs, tuition and fees, and length of study for all programs
11. Responsible for maintaining knowledge of current immigration regulations, and utilizes available resources and attends conferences and/or training sessions, as needed
12. Recruit, employ, train, supervise, and evaluate International Student Services student leaders
13. Maintain scheduled office hours, with the requirement of a flexible schedule of availability at night and on weekends
14. A valid California driver license, good driving record and reliable transportation is required. Class “B“ driver’s license certification required within one month of hire date
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Knowledge of general accounting principles
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 03/18/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6395 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside