Student Success Project Manager
J ob Summary
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) is looking for a one-year-term Student Success Program Manager to join its Student Affairs Office. Student Affairs serves as a general advocate for all RISD students. It creates an active learning environment that supports students’ co-curricular experience while providing opportunities for them to develop personally, socially, and intellectually. Its programming and services reflect the values of community, inclusiveness, responsibility, leadership, and well-being.
Under the direction of the Assistant Dean of Student Support & Administration, the Student Success Project Manager is responsible for providing guidance and facilitation to assist students in fulfilling their educational goals. The person in this position builds relationships with students and implement proactive plans/processes to help students connect with appropriate supports within RISD’s educational community. This position coordinates interventions, referrals, and follow-up services within a broad network of campus and community resources. In collaboration with other RISD staff, the Student Success Project Manager provides a welcoming and affirming environment for all students.
As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial, and inclusive work environment and a competitive benefits package.
- Provide outreach to reinstated students to ensure overall readiness and escalate outstanding matters that would affect their ability to have a smooth and successful start. Provide students with proactive guidance on reacclimating and building supportive personal environments and best practices to facilitate their success.
- Inform students of institutional policies and procedures, program requirements, and related academic matters based on active collaboration and communication with academic advisors / departments.
- Provide guidance and support to students in resolving challenges that may impede their progress. Provide students with solution-focused assessments, including information, resources, and support to aid in their success. Coordinate and recommend services for students, coordinating case management between the AVP of Student Affairs, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) providers, Health Services (SHS) practitioners, Office of Disability Services staff, the Office of Conduct and Compliance, Public Safety, and Residential Life staff.
- Design and implement follow-up plans by actively engaging other student affairs staff, department heads, and faculty, and by helping to highlight and resolve items related to academic considerations upon reinstatement. Communicate next steps with families, staff, department heads, faculty, and staff as necessary. Serve as a member of the CARE network to case manage students facing obstacles to success at RISD.
- Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education, psychology, counseling, education, or related field preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in higher education.
- Experience collaborating with academic and student affairs staff and knowledge of student advocacy.
- Must demonstrate experience and commitment to the values of access, equity, inclusion, and diversity in higher education.
- Experience with academic advising and residential populations in a small college or university setting preferred.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, and all external constituencies.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, student information databases, and Internet or web-based applications.
- Appreciation for art and design, developed through employment, education, or personal interest, highly desirable.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment.
35 hours/week; 12 months/year
- TERM – one year
- Full-time; Exempt
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter (required)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
For certain positions, RISD is currently supporting remote work arrangements due to the pandemic. When work resumes in person, employees are expected to perform work on campus.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence