Administrative Associate III, Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
The Office of Research and Creative Scholarship (ORCS ) invites applications for an Administrative Associate III . The person in this position will support the Vice President and Directors in the Office of Research & Creative Scholarship (RCS).
This position is expected to provide excellent customer service, have strong organizational skills, the ability to maintain strict confidentiality when required, and the ability to problem-solve. Under direct supervision this position coordinates administrative processes, directs, and responds to operational matters.
Specific job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President, Associate Vice Presidents, Directors, faculty, researchers, and administrative associates
- Process payroll for 10 to 50 students who work under the umbrella of the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
- Coordinate the payroll process for students and employees who work on grants, under the guidance of their supervisors
- Act as the liaison to various campus entities such as Human Resources, Business Services, Payroll, Budget Office, and the UM Foundation
- Assist with special projects necessary for research compliance activities
- Check the mailbox in RCS and route items as appropriate
- Monitor daily RCS public email folder and triage for the Vice President
- Deliver information daily to Business Services, Human Services, Treasury, Graduate School, Financial Aid and other offices as needed
- Schedule meeting rooms as requested
- Compile supply lists and order supplies for RCS and OSP
- Schedule meetings for VPR and directors as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- Monthly processing of multiple payrolls, obtaining timesheets, reviewing timesheets for accuracy, ensuring proper signatures are obtained, and entering payroll into GTO (Griz Time Online payroll system)
- Process invoices for payment through GrizMart (procurement system) and ensure that appropriate approvals have been obtained
- Process travel forms and reimbursements and ensure that appropriate approvals have been obtained
- Responsible for compiling and performing calculations for the LAR process
- Responsible for collecting monthly Procard (purchasing card) receipts, reconciling receipts to Procard reports for multiple card-holders, coding and entry of purchases into Banner (financial system)
- Approving appropriateness of expenditures, purchases, transfers, and reimbursements and processing these items
- Track and maintain balances for grants/contracts/indexes, and generating fiscal and/or summary reports
- Other fiscal duties as assigned
Minimum Required Skills and Experience
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to three (3) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Proficiency in Excel and the ability to create spreadsheets, tables and charts
- Experience using software packages
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to perform math calculations, especially related to salaries and benefits
- Effective and excellent oral and written communication skills, public relation skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group including co-workers, staff, directors, administrators, faculty, and students and provide positive professional customer service
- Demonstrated competence in completing multiple and complex tasks with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform duties efficiently and effectively in stressful situations with interruptions and minimal privacy
- Ability to work independently to complete work and the ability to accept direction
- Ability to organize and prioritize work with multiple deadlines while also paying attention to detail
- Experience in researching, gathering, compiling, and analyzing information to interpret data and produce reports
- Demonstrated skill in business English, spelling, grammar, composition, proofreading, and the ability to create, compose and edit complex materials
- College degree
- Proficiency in the following University of Montana systems
- GrizTime Online (payroll processing)
- GrizMart (purchasing, setting up contracts, initiating payments, and processing travel documents)
- Banner/Financial –Entering data, looking up salaries, and researching items
- UM Data Warehouse (UMDW)-running financial reports and researching items
- Knowledge of the major functions under the Office of Research & Creative Scholarship
- Familiarity with the directors and administrative associates employed by the centers that report to the Vice President of Research
- General knowledge of the mission and work of the centers that report to the Vice President of Research
- Understanding of research compliance; ability to process recurring calculations with great accuracy
- Ability to process recurring calculations with great accuracy
- Strong knowledge of University of Montana policies, procedures, practices and resources
- Knowledge of accounting best-practices and ability to apply those practices to establish systems and processes within the office
About the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship, UM and Missoula
The Office of Research and Creative Scholarship supports the educational and research mission of the University through advocacy and advancement of basic and applied research, creative work, and academic scholarship, and fosters an environment where research, scholarly activities, entrepreneurship, and economic development thrive.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Administrative Associate III
Position Number: 069480
Department: Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year, Position requires an alternative work schedule.
Salary: $14.605/hr – For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 8, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Research Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner