Assistant Professor - Social Work
Assistant Professor (Tenure - Track)
School of Social Work
We invite applications from suitable candidates to fill two (2) tenure-track positions at the Assistant Professor level. An Associate Professor level position may be considered for one of these positions commensurate with experience. Candidates should have a doctorate in social work or an allied field; an MSW degree and post-MSW related experience required.
- Faculty members teach 18 credits (6 courses) annually. The ability to teach in more than one site (Garden City, Hauppauge, Manhattan, Hudson Valley) is preferred.
- Must have experience and ability to teach courses across curricular programs (with particular interest in practice, human behavior and/or organizations), degree programs and/or teaching modalities (e.g. in person, hyflex, and/or online). Ideal candidates will have substantive expertise in children/adolescents and/or behavioral health.
- Faculty responsibilities also include maintaining an active scholarship agenda, and service to the school, university, and community.
- A doctorate in Social Work or an allied field.
- An MSW from a CSWE accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years of post-MSW related work experience preferred.
- Scholarly publications and a defined research agenda.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate, graduate, or both levels.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including the teaching and mentoring of students from diverse cultural and/or historically underrepresented backgrounds.
- Applications should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and teaching and scholarship statement. Throughout your application materials, we encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive research agenda, campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education.
- At least one writing sample, along with names and contact information of three references.
- To be considered, applications must be submited through the Adelphi website only: https://www.adelphi.edu/hr/open-positions/.
Adelphi University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from women, under-represented groups, members of the LGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and veterans.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
The Adelphi University School of Social Work offers baccalaureate, masters and doctoral education to a diverse student body of about 800 in urban and suburban New York and Long Island. The B.S.W. prepares graduates for generalist practice; the M.S.W. curriculum concentration is contemporary direct practice; the Ph.D. curriculum prepares experienced practitioners for leadership roles as educators, scholars, researchers, policy makers, and administrators. The school is committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, service, and active collaboration with its communities.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2511