Tenure or Clinical Track Faculty Assistant Professor of Education
Tenure or Clinical Track Faculty - Assistant Professor of Education
Start Date: July 2021
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021
The School of Education and Human Services at Carroll University seeks a new colleague to join us in preparing the next generation of K-12 leaders at both school- and system-levels. The ideal candidate brings justice-oriented practices to teaching, learning, scholarship, and leadership, with a focus on cultivating educational leaders prepared to create transformational change.
This 12-month appointment includes teaching, scholarship, and service.
• Teach master's level core courses in the Educational Leadership program.
• Collaborate with colleagues to design and implement curriculum, and teach courses to meet the needs of the department and our students.
• Collaborate with colleagues to build and sustain partnerships with schools and districts throughout the region and state.
• Develop vibrant and sustaining professional development, including but not limited to research, scholarship, and/or creative activities.
• Model faculty citizenship through active shared governance and a commitment to justice, inclusion, and equity
• Contribute to the life of the university through service.
• Earned PhD/EdD degree in Educational Leadership or closely related discipline from an accredited institution of higher education.
• Professional administrative experience in a school/district (three-year minimum).
• Postsecondary level teaching experience.
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across disciplines and organizations.
• Experience teaching in-person, hybrid, and online.
• A person with a commitment to justice, inclusion, and equity and the ability to embed relevant practices as a teacher, colleague, and leader
• Demonstrated ability to successfully advise graduate students, supervise practicum experiences, and contribute to overall program development.
• Demonstrated expertise in state licensure systems/requirements in educational leadership
• Demonstrated expertise in administrator evaluation systems
• A familiarity with all aspects of the accreditation process.
The University: Founded in 1846, Carroll University is an independent, co-educational comprehensive University. The Carroll mission is to "provide a superior education, rooted in its Presbyterian and liberal arts heritage, and draws upon the Christian tradition to prepare all students for vocational success, lifelong learning and service in a diverse and global society."
Carroll University is located in suburban Waukesha, 16 miles west of Milwaukee and 60 miles east of Madison. The University serves 3600 undergraduate and graduate students. The University though intentionally ecumenical and non- sectarian in approach, is related to the Presbyterian Church, USA. The candidate would join Carroll University at a time of great excitement and action, particularly related to the campus-wide commitments to equity and justice.
The School of Education and Human Services: The Department of Education is housed in the new School of Education and Human Services (SEHS). The school, in its inaugural year, builds on the rich legacy and tradition of outstanding undergraduate and graduate education programs. In addition to the many programs in the Department of Education, the school looks forward to growing to meet the educational and professional needs of the community and begins with the addition of a Master of Science in Behavioral Health Psychology starting in Fall 2021.
The Department: The Department of Education offers licensure and non-licensure programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels that meet current and emerging educational needs and develop educators and leaders who are prepared to create and sustain success in an ever-shifting learning environment. The Department of Education is distinguished by a conceptual framework focused on preparing educators whose knowledge, skills, and dispositions demonstrate a constructivist perspective, critical consciousness, educational advocacy, and professional integrity.
All licensure programs are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Application: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit as attachments to an email with the subject line "Assistant Professor of Education" and in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) a letter of application,
2) curriculum vitae,
3) statement of teaching philosophy,
4) three letters of reference
Final applicants will be asked to submit graduate transcripts.
Carroll University is an Equal-Opportunity Employer