Howard University Department of Chemistry - Lecturer Position
Department of Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry in the College of Arts and Sciences at Howard University invites applications for non-tenure-track, full-time position at the rank of Lecturer, with a teaching load of four courses per semester. Qualified applicants will have a PhD and postdoctoral or equivalent experience, with a demonstrated track-record of excellence in teaching. Candidates committed to working with underrepresented minorities in STEM and non-STEM disciplines are strongly encouraged to apply.
Howard University, a culturally diverse, comprehensive, research intensive and historically Black private university, provides an educational experience of exceptional quality at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels to students of high academic standing and potential, with particular emphasis upon educational opportunities for Black students. Howard University is classified as a Doctoral University by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. It is a residential campus of approximately 10,000 students, located in the heart of the nation’s capital, Washington, DC.
The Department of Chemistry has a deep historical commitment to the training of African Americans and other people of African descent. However, we actively recruit and train talented students from all communities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Through the American Chemical Society Certification Program, we are committed to training undergraduate students for chemistry-related careers and other professions. The Department offers BS, MS and PhD degrees in Chemistry. Current research thrusts in the Department include materials chemistry, environmental chemistry, medicinal chemistry and biochemistry.
- Earned doctorate in Chemistry or Biochemistry from an accredited institution
- Postdoctoral research and/or teaching or equivalent experience
- Record of effective teaching
- Effective communication and organizational skills
Complete applications consist of a single PDF file containing:
- Cover letter addressing the qualifications listed above
- Current curriculum vita
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy outlining experience, including courses taught
- Three letters of recommendation that speak to teaching experience and abilities
Completed applications should be addressed to the Department Chair, Dr. Oladapo Bakare, and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening will begin on April 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled, pending final budget approval. The desired starting date is August 16, 2021. Additional details and information can be found at https://chemistry.howard.edu/ All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory outcome of the University’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and University policies, including the completion of reference and criminal history check. Additionally, all new hires are required to be appointed by the Department of Recruitment, and attend New Hire Orientation.
Howard University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, religion, disability or protected veterans status. Veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Inquiries regarding provisions for persons with disabilities or veterans status, Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX should be directed to the Office of Employee Relations and Equal Employment Opportunity at 202-806-1280.
Apply for Howard University Department of Chemistry - Lecturer Position
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.