Senior Director, Donor Communications and Stewardship - 21031
Senior Director, Donor Communications and Stewardship - 21031
# of Openings: 1
WWF Washington, DC
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Director, Donor Communications and Stewardship. Working collaboratively with senior staff and across the organization, the Senior Director establishes and leads the strategy for Development communications and stewardship. Coordinates closely with the Sr. Director, Strategy and Planning to implement the strategic direction and messaging plans for Development audiences in support of WWF's conservation priorities and fundraising campaigns. Leads a team that supports engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts including production of fundraising collateral, case statements, donor proposals, stewardship reports, programmatic materials, events, and internal communications.
- Donor Communications:
- Works closely with the Sr. Director, Strategy and Planning to ensure Development communications support institutional priorities for resource mobilization, and that conservation communications products support Development stakeholders.
- Develops and oversees the communications strategies for Individual Giving and Foundations audiences and oversees all Development communications.
- Designs and oversees the use of a donor communications plan and all related activities by audience with a focus on building a successful donor pipeline. This plan is used to provide direction for the creation and design of donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship communications, both general communications and customized communications to support individual fundraising plans.
- Monitors and oversees proposal writing and reporting processes.
- Stewardship and Recognition:
- Works with Strategic/Regional Philanthropy, Annual and Planned Giving, and Foundations to establish and implement stewardship and recognition guidelines.
- Collaborates with Development leadership to advance institutional cooperation in ensuring a donor-centric approach is adopted and consistently delivered.
- Oversees stewardship operations, including the creation of acknowledgements and receipting for all Development-level individual gifts.
- Directs Major Donor recognition efforts and the individual giving benefits programs for Partners in Conservation and the WWF Legacy Circle. Refines the programs regularly to ensure they provide maximum benefit to WWF donors and support Development's fundraising goals.
- Oversees the creation of e-newsletters, program collateral, fundraising campaign materials, and other materials as needed.
- Internal Collaboration:
- Provides internal communications leadership and support for Development.
- Collaborates actively with CCO's office, Marketing and Communications, Media and External Affairs, Goal communicators, and Development colleagues to assure WWF core messages and institutional priorities are reflected in Development communications and that institutional materials support Development stakeholders.
- Interacts regularly with other department heads, directors, and key staff to recognize conservation goals and maximize revenue opportunities, increase public recognition and support, and coordinate efforts.
- Establishes and oversees content library for resource mobilization in collaboration with the Senior Director, Strategy and Planning and all fundraising teams.
- Communications and Stewardship Operations:
- Works with Development's Systems Specialist and other partners to ensure core WWF systems meet Development's communications and stewardship needs. Helps craft Development policies and processes.
- Liaises with Fundraising Operations and Program Operations to acknowledge and steward donors by ensuring that donor funds are allocated and spent in accordance with donor intent.
- Management Responsibilities:
- Directly oversees the selection, performance, and evaluation of staff of the Donor Communications and Stewardship teams. Hires and trains new staff, outlines and communicates job requirements and other expectations, and reviews and evaluates the quality of work.
- Directs outside consultants and contractors in specific assignments.
- Develops and manages the Donor Communications expense budget.
- Interacts with major donors and members of the Board of Directors and National Council and maintains regular contact with representatives from peer organizations, colleagues in the WWF network, and personal professional networks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA and 12 years' demonstrated success in the conceptualization, development, implementation, and management of communications to support the achievement of organizational revenue goals.
- Demonstrated success developing, managing and overseeing marketing and fundraising activities. Experience with mission-oriented brand marketing, and success as a creative and effective manager essential.
- Requires strong project management skills. Capital/Fundraising campaign experience preferred.
- Proven ability to lead a professional staff, direct complex programs, manage development of cutting-edge communication materials, and engage a broad array of individuals.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Strong commitment to mission, goals, and values of WWF.
- Must be familiar with donor databases and list management.
- Demonstrated creative and problem-solving skills.
- Able to multi-task and deal effectively with a variety of projects and people.
- Budget management and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of conservation and environmental issues a plus.
Submit cover letter and resume through
our Careers Page, Requisition
Due to the high volume of applications
we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.