Admissions Outreach and Selection Officer
Schwarzman Scholars seeks an Outreach and Selection Officer to be part of the Admissions team to execute a world-class admissions process, designed to select the next generation of young leaders from around the world for an unparalleled experience in China via the Schwarzman Scholars Master’s program at Tsinghua University.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the admissions team responsible for recruiting applicants to Schwarzman Scholars. The Outreach and Selection Officer will cultivate recruiting relationships with the world’s leading universities, colleges, global firms, governments, and multi-lateral organizations, networks of young professionals, and young leaders. S/he will take key responsibility for them in designing and implementing high-level outreach events and generate new ideas for sources of Scholars. S/he will help manage goal-oriented and thorough selection processes that produce Scholars who are on track to be the next generation of leaders around the world. S/he will support selection activities including planning and coordinating external reading and interviewing committees; documenting finalist identification and reporting directly to the Associate Director of Global Admissions on selection outcomes. This position, based in New York, will be part of a global admissions team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct innovative in-person and virtual outreach activities to create awareness of Schwarzman Scholars, including establishing and maintaining a functional and well-communicated schedule of regional outreach activities; making presentations to prospective students, campus contacts, and key staff and faculty; representing the program at fairs and conferences and with networks of young professionals; hosting informational workshops and webinars; and, facilitating communication campaigns. Intensive travel is required from February to May annually.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of the selection process for applicants and selection panelists, providing on-site staffing and facilitation for interviews.
- Support the application process, including providing expertise on educational systems and credentials as part of the technical review of incoming applications; responding to applicant queries throughout the application process. Serve as point-of-contact for the selection panelists, both during the reading and interview phases, to provide training, guidance on program goals and to monitor progress.
- Utilize online application, CRM system (Slate), and other platforms to provide frequent data and activity reporting on the outreach and selection activities.
- Provide insight on design and development of various project components, including: program outreach; application and selection management; communications; and data capture and reporting.
- Manage communication with university fellowship advisor community during the selection season.
- Liaise closely with Beijing-based China Admissions colleagues to ensure the parallel U.S./ Global & China Admissions processes are aligned.
- Performs other admissions-related duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Four years of work experience, with at least two years in a high-level, fast-paced environment. Experience directly related to university admissions, enrollment management and/or administration of fellowship/scholarship programs preferred but not required.
- Experience studying or working in China is preferred but not required.
- Experience living or working overseas, preferably in an educational or nonprofit environment, preferred.
- Experience in student support is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills to convey information to individuals and groups of varying educational, cultural, and experience levels.
- Strong knowledge of the higher education landscape and prestigious graduate fellowship opportunities preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated adaptability in dealing with changing and/or uncertain circumstances as well as condensed timeframes. Exposure to start-up environments preferred.
- Excellent commitment to quality and customer focus. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to maintain compliance with guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Diversity awareness and cross-cultural skills. Proven ability to work effectively across different world regions.
- High level of integrity and accountability; ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters and communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational, planning, and scheduling skills with demonstrated ability to execute multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Professionalism, maturity, and the ability to use diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff and external contacts.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org