Director - IT Security
The University of Southern Indiana invites applications for the position of Director IT Security. This position is responsible for USI’s established IT security program by implementing, supporting, and enhancing all facets of information security with an emphasis on formalizing processes, securing systems and network security, and working with the campus community to maximize the security of all information resources.
- Responsible for the implementation and delivery of a comprehensive information security program for USI.
- Work to protect USI information and IT infrastructure from external and internal threats, by implementing a risk management framework.
- Actively monitor all IT environments for external and internal cyber threats and works with IT staff to eliminate them.
- Ensure USI complies with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy.
- Participate or lead in the creation, modification or ongoing review of federal, state and local IT policies, standards, guidelines and processes.
- Manage crisis situations, and leads events through completion including overseeing and reporting all forensic activity.
- Assist the university’s risk assessment and risk management strategy.
- Manage the university’s vendor management IT security program.
- Lead the university’s response for both internal and external IT security audits.
- Attend technology conferences and seminars when relevant to current work specialty area.
- Develop and maintain very positive and professional customer service and relations within the department and with all constituencies to include students, faculty, staff, and guests.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or related field is required with at least 10 years of progressive IT experience, with at least 3 years actively working in an IT Security role. Career progression must demonstrate increasing responsibility with significant experience and with comparable responsibility scope.
- Significant project management experience and work experience in implementing and managing an IT security program.
- Experience with NIST Cybersecurity Framework, GLBA, and GDPR.
- Higher education experience is preferred.
- Ability to maintain strong documentation for all systems and training processes.
- Ability to concisely and clearly speak and present information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and professional manner dealing with faculty, staff, students, and vendors required.
Founded in 1965, the University of Southern Indiana enrolls more than 10,700 dual credit, undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in more than 130 areas of study. A public higher education institution, located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, USI offers programs through the College of Liberal Arts, Romain College of Business, College of Nursing and Health Professions and the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education. Information Technology is centralized and supported by a fifty-member team of IT professionals. This position is an excellent opportunity for the right individual with IT Security experience to take their career to the next level, leading an IT security infrastructure university wide.
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/jobs page to log in or set up an account. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position which includes letter of application; current curriculum vitae; names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references; and unofficial transcripts of highest degree earned. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Mr. Richard Toeniskoetter, Search Committee Chair. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide official transcripts at a later stage.
For best consideration, apply by April 8, 2021.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.