Network Administrator I
- Ongoing planning, operation, maintenance and security of network core switching, access layer switches, routers, firewalls, network hardware appliances, wireless network infrastructure, and all other network transport related devices.
- Monitoring, usage analysis, and optimization of campus networks, including traffic graphing, profiling and protocol analysis.
- Prioritization, budgeting, and optimization of internet bandwidth, including management of mission-critical and non-critical applications.
-Management of firewall rules, VPN system, and associated authentication systems with a focus on security measures.
-Works cooperatively with the Information Technology department to ensure that infrastructure-related work orders are efficiently carried out.
- Provides assistance to users with network-related issues or problems as necessary from students, faculty or staff.
- Management and maintenance of the campus inter-building fiber optic network and cabling infrastructure, maintaining accurate and complete network documentation.
- Performs related duties as assigned in support of the mission of the Information Technology Services Department and Husson University.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Must have demonstrable expertise and knowledge of:
- Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
- Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills. All aspects of managing and maintaining networking hardware (routers, firewalls, switches, wireless infrastructure) fall within the responsibility of this position.
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Standards and best practices related to secure handling of confidential and restricted data
- Planning and organizing work
- Meeting schedules and deadlines
- Establishing & maintaining cooperative, effective working relationships with others
- Communicating effectively, both written and orally; using interpersonal skills requiring tact, patience, courtesy and a customer service orientation
- Working independently with minimal direction
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Post-Secondary degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent
combination of education, certifications, and experience.
- 2+ years experience in a network administration role
- Previous experience with Cisco routers, firewalls and switches preferred.
- WIFI systems management experience and troubleshooting preferred. Aruba wireless a plus.
- Network certifications a plus.