Vice President for Finance and Administration
• Advises the President on university business issues and financial impact.
• Provides long-range financial projections and planning to assist in making sound fiscal decisions.
• Responsible for timely and accurate university budget and financial statements.
• Partners with university leadership to identify strategic fiscal opportunities.
• Coordinates and develops short-term and long-term financial planning strategies in support of the University's mission.
• Reviews and approves all procurement contracts.
• Ensures development, implementation, and oversight of programs, policies, and internal controls for improved efficiency, effectiveness, and performance.
• With direct reports as necessary, staffs the Finance, Auditing, Investment, and Building and Grounds Committees of the Board of Trustees, responsible for preparing related documentation for Board meetings.
• Adheres to and fosters high standards of ethical conduct, compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and appropriate financial oversight and controls.
• Oversight of Financial Statement, Uniform Guidance, and Retirement Plan audits.
• Oversight of grant funding and disbursements.
• Coordinates new debt issuance and insures compliance with related agreements.
• Manages cash and endowment investments and banking relations.
• Provides supervision and guidance to direct reports in finance, safety and security, technology and auxiliary services
• Coordinates revenue bond issuance and retirements.
• Supports risk assessment and compliance as needed.
• Demonstrates effective leadership competencies to ensure accountability at high standards and team development.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Master's degree and CPA required.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of senior level experience as a financial and administrative executive required
• Experience managing large budgets and portfolios.
• Experience with grant and federal funding preferred.
• Higher Education experience a plus.
• Proven strategic leadership experience.
• Understands and supports the vision, mission and strategic
goals of the University.
• Able to communicate effectively throughout the University with internal and external individuals and/or groups.
• Knowledge of and ability to manage financial and administrative operations critical to a university setting.
• Ability to lead, develop and retain a professional staff that effectively manages the University's administrative and financial resources.