Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology (Counseling or Clinical)
August 16, 2021
Avila University’s School of Psychology and Cognitive Science invites applications for a visiting faculty position to teach in our undergraduate and master’s level graduate psychology programs. The School of Psychology and Cognitive Sciences is housed within the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. There is the potential for this position to convert to tenure-track in the future.
· This faculty position will carry a teaching load of four courses per semester.
· Candidates should have a proven record of excellent teaching and scholarly engagement, and should be able to teach graduate courses in one or more of the following areas: developmental, social, health, clinical practicum, or internship, as well as other undergraduate and graduate psychology courses as needed.
· The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology.
· Candidates must be licensed or license-eligible.
· Demonstrated ability to engage in and supervise research is desirable.
This is a fulltime visiting faculty position, eligible for the usual and customary benefits. Avila University’s comprehensive benefit package includes a generous holiday schedule, tuition remission for employee and dependents, vacation and sick leave, retirement benefits, health & dental insurance.
Send cover letter, CV, and three letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications begins April 15, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
Kansas City, a two-state metropolitan area with a population of nearly two million, offers a wide variety of cultural, educational and social life opportunities
Avila University, a Catholic university founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, provides undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and professional studies, preparing lifelong learners who make meaningful contributions to the global community.
Avila University is committed to teaching students to be advocates for social justice, regardless of their professional and academic field. We are committed to educating our students as global citizens, capable of engaging across social and cultural boundaries.
Avila University is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not unlawfully discriminate in the recruitment of applicants, employment opportunities, or general employment practices on the basis of, sex, race, religion, age, color, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law
Apply for Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology (Counseling or Clinical)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly