Acquisitions and Metadata Librarian
Seton Hall University Libraries seeks a forward-thinking, collaborative and data savvy librarian to serve as our Acquisitions and Metadata Librarian, providing oversight for acquisitions, collection development, and metadata services. Oversee and manage all aspects of the acquisition and receipt of print and electronic library resources and the creation, maintenance, and enrichment of metadata representing the University Libraries electronic and physical collections, leading and supervising a team of three staff members. This is a probationary (tenure-eligible) position working closely with the Assistant Dean, Collection Services and Information Technologies.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited degree program. Second master’s degree, scholarly activity and service will be required for tenure.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with metadata and library finances in an academic environment. Knowledge of accounting principles with respect to library acquisitions.
- Demonstrated experience with acquisitions, cataloging, serials processes including management of resource records, vendor tracking, licensing terms and other account and subscription information.
- Knowledge of core skills, including e-resources and management, automated bibliographic systems, serials control and approval plans.
- Basic understanding of licensing and copyright issues.
- Knowledge of MARC, Dublin Core.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lead change and foster innovation.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Library & Information Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange