Assistant Professor of Social Work
The Beverley Taylor Sorenson College of Education and Human Development is looking for a dynamic, highly qualified educator who can teach undergraduate classes in Social Work and serve as the BSW Program Director. This is a full-time, 9 month faculty position with excellent benefits. This can be filled as either a tenure or non-tenure track.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach 3-4 undergraduate courses in Social Work. Specific courses to be taught depending on qualifications and expertise: Introduction to Social Work and Family Services, Human Behavior and the Social Environment, Social Work Practice with Groups, Social Work Practice in Communities and Organizations.
2. Teaching and supervising experiential learning placements are the primary responsibilities. Professional commitment, scholarly activity, service to the department, college, and university are expected and required for rank advancement and tenure considerations.
3. Twenty-five percent of position will be serving as the Program Director. Duties primarily include curriculum development and directing CSWE accreditation.
4. Participate in departmental and university committee work including curriculum and program development.
5. Other assignments as determined by the department chair and dean.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. MSW or DSW from a CSWE-accredited program.
2. Expertise and work experience in family and human services programs and agencies.
3. Evidence of successful teaching experience in Social Work. Teaching experience in all Family Life and Human Services related fields will be considered.
4. Interest and ability in utilizing and facilitating educational technologies in teaching.
5. In accordance with Utah State Code 53A-3-410, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Documents Needed to Apply:
1. Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter
3. Statement of Teaching Philosophy
4. Unofficial Transcripts
5. 3 Letters of Recommendation
6. Contact information for 3 professional references
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City
- Social Work & Human Services Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City
- Human Development & Family Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedar City