Assistant Professor, PSU School of Social Work (2 Positions)
The Master of Social Work program in Portland State University’s School of Social Work invites applications for Assistant Professor tenure-track positions. The school is seeking two nine-month, full-time academic appointments. Our program seeks candidates with experience teaching across the curriculum and who are interested in teaching research. Candidates are expected to maintain an active scholarly agenda. All research areas will be considered, though we especially seek candidates who specialize in immigration; addictions; environmental justice; disability; aging; and/or research with/among native and indigenous and/or Black and African American communities
Candidates who demonstrate an interest in and ability to move forward the mission, values, and vision of the School, particularly those with knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to racial equity and emancipatory frameworks, are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for candidates who can advance our commitment to racial equity and to centering, in our curriculum, the ideas of historically marginalized and critical scholars. We wish to hire candidates with demonstrated success teaching first-generation students and students from historically marginalized groups and including: Native American, African American, Latinx, LGBT and queer students, and students with disabilities. Priority will be given to candidates with experience teaching research who demonstrate a strong commitment to student-centered pedagogy and engaged learning. Ideal candidates will also have practice experience and online teaching and course development experience.
- PhD or DSW in social work or related discipline (e.g., public health, human development/family studies, education). Candidates who are ABD may be considered; the PhD must be officially awarded on or before September 15, 2021
- Demonstrated interest in the integration of research and scholarship, teaching, and service to the School, University, State, and profession.
Please read the full job announcements at the PSU Website, see the following link:
Select “Apply for this Job”.
Posting closes on 4/16/2021
Portland State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution that welcomes applications from diverse candidates who support diversity. Our university community values campus diversity and we encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland
- Social Work & Human Services Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Portland