Lead, Solutions Architect
The Lead Solutions Architect operates as a senior staff member and thought leader with the BCM Center for Space Medicine (CSM). This position will report to the Deputy Director of the Translational Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH), a $245M institute awarded to BCM-CSM, charged with finding and providing federal grant funding to develop innovative approaches to reduce risks to humans on long-duration exploration missions, including NASA’s Journey to Mars.
The Lead Solutions Architect provides thought leadership and leads adoption of all IT aspects of the Institute, including developing and supporting multiple research databases including commercial spaceflight research and cutting-edge radiation mitigation research as well as systems architecture and interfaces with NASA systems. This Architect is TRISH’s only in-house IT expert and will be expected to manage and perform all IT-related duties, from software/hardware troubleshooting to long term strategy.
This IT visionary will build/manage a new health database to support commercial spaceflight, maintain and populate the TRISH Information Management System (TIMS) run on ColdFusion platform, drive solicitations through the Grant Research Integrated Dashboard (GRID) based on the Survey Monkey Apply platform, support the TRISH Salesforce platform, further develop a Business Intelligence tool, as well as provide behind the scenes IT logistics to support the virtual team.
- Interface, communicate/present, and coordinate with BCM’s Office of IT.
- Initiate and oversee all IT vendor agreements and provide leadership and guidance to technical consultants.
- Develop and drive a technology vision and execute a technology roadmap within a virtual institute.
- Develop a “technology radar” to identify and track emerging health technology that can be developed to support NASA’s deep space exploration missions.
- Plan and build a new commercial spaceflight health system that will include data collection APIs and database management.
- Manage TRISH databases, TRISH’s Information Management System (TIMS), TRISH’s Grant Research Integrated Dashboard (GRID), and TRISH’s Business Intelligence tool.
- Advise, implement, and maintain a shared research data warehouse for a national TRISH radiation research program.
- Drive project and portfolio management practices.
- Manage key initiatives requiring senior leader experience and project management expertise. Evaluate and secure executive endorsement and financial commitment for technology projects.
- Oversee periodic upload of project information from TIMS to NASA’s Task Book.
- Interface appropriately with NASA common systems.
- Assist and manage all BCM IT implementation initiatives with CSM Administrator.
- Oversee/manage help desk support for TRISH’s funded investigators when they access TRISH internal databases.
- Recommend IT solutions and continuously remain abreast of new
technologies and programs to improve efficiencies and
communications capabilities for TRISH and its
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, data analytics, biomedical informatics, or a health-related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with medical databases, tools from the Microsoft ecosystem, cloud services, video conferencing, remote meetings, database management and data centers, PC/Apple/Linux/mobile platforms, and all aspects of data security, including HIPAA requirements.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston