Associate Director of Counseling Services 998296
The Associate Director is responsible for the delivery of clinical services, outreach and consultation services to meet the psychological and behavioral needs of full time and part time undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at Xavier University. The Associate Director is a practicing mental health clinician whose primary responsibility is to provide counseling, crisis intervention, clinical supervision, outreach and consultation services to the university community. This role also supports the function of the Counseling Center Director in providing administrative duties including, but not limited to, program evaluation, step care model development and implementation, quality assurance practices, as well as data collection and reporting processes.
- Provides counseling and psychotherapy to students in individual and group formats; engages in triage, diagnostic interviewing, and development and implementation of treatment plans. Provides crisis intervention and emergency mental health services for students on campus, and through after hours on-call coverage. Provides group therapy and psychoeducational interventions to students. Maintains appropriate licensure.
- Performs administrative duties as assigned by the Counseling Center Director including data collection and reporting, as well as support in the implementation, maintenance and daily utilization of Counseling Services electronic medical record system. Implements peer-review and quality control procedures.
- Conducts outreach services to the University community to disseminate information about wellness and mental health issues and their treatment. Attends and participates in professional development and conferences. Engages in program evaluation, quality assurance, and research. Participates on Student Affairs and University committees as requested.
- Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work or Doctoral degree in Psychology is required
- LPC Licensure in the State of Ohio is required. Independent licensure in State of Ohio (LPCC) is highly preferred.
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by April 11, 2021 .
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Counsellor Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati