SALARY: $63,891.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 3/17/2021
CLOSING DATE: 4/21/2021 11:59 PM
UNIT: Administrative - Grade Level 4
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
REPORTS TO: Director, Facilities Maintenance
1. Inspects all roadways, parking lots, trees shrubs, turf, utility infrastructure, and overall campus cleanliness to insure proper maintenance and cleaning levels.
2. Requisitions materials and equipment for grounds maintenance.
3. Prioritizes work and assigns personnel to specific jobs.
4. Manages the removal of snow/ice utilizing groundspersons and custodians along with outside resources.
5. Assures all equipment is in a safe and proper operating condition and provides for repair when necessary.
6. Establishes and enforces productivity and quality standards.
7. Supervises bargaining unit members and assures compliance with College Policies, the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and division Work Rules.
8. Directs all groundspersons in various duties and provides for their training, production, motivation, and performance appraisal and participates in grievance process.
9. Recommends staffing changes to the Director.
10. Advises the Director on capital equipment and projects as well as supply needs for the proper operation of the department.
11. Supervises the application of pesticides and fungicides and manages the College's Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
12. Performs record keeping on transactions and manages service and supply contracts.
13. Establishes, maintains, and promotes a trash/recycling program for the entire College.
14. Oversees vehicle maintenance for the division’s vehicles.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in Ornamental Horticulture Landscape Design or related
• Four years of supervisory/managerial experience in the area of grounds maintenance at a large commercial/institutional site
• Pesticide certification
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency in maintenance management and MS Office software
• Recycling certification
• Experience in Facilities Management at an institution of higher education
SCHEDULE: Typically Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with changes/additions as necessary
Additional hours as required are mandatory for snow removal
RETIREMENT PLAN: Pension Eligible
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011 will have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.