FINANCIAL AID STAFF ASSISTANT
FINANCIAL AID STAFF ASSISTANT
If College Year, Please fill in period of no obligation:
Appointment Start date
Appointment End date
Salary Grade Level
Full Time or Part Time
If Part-Time, fill in %
Student Service Center
Search Contact Phone/Extension
Search Contact Email
Search Contact Fax
Job Summary/Basic Function
SUNY Canton is seeking applicants for a professional staff position in the Financial Aid Office. This is a 12 month position reporting to the Director of Financial Aid. The Financial Aid Assistant will work as part of the Financial Aid team within the One Hop Shop to deliver a full range of financial aid services and counseling to students, families, staff, and the community. The Assistant is responsible for assisting with the daily support services delivered through the One Hop Shop and provides guidance to staff, students, families, and the community.
Job Requirements & Essential Functions of the Job
• Counsel and assist students and parents in completion of financial aid applications for federal, state, and institutional programs.
• Process financial aid; including file review, application verification, need analysis, use of professional judgment and financial aid packaging.
• Provide financial aid counseling to student and parents regarding application procedures and eligibility requirements for various aid programs and assist with the completion of applications.
• Review, calculate, and invoice to request payment by third-party agencies.
• Represent the office at various on and off-campus recruiting functions, financial aid information sessions, and internal committee meetings as assigned.
• Maintain knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, regulations, rules, statutes and laws.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
• Experience in a customer service related office or setting;
• Demonstrated experience delivering effective communications via telephone, email, virtually or in person.
• Eligibility to access federal computerized systems (Applicants must be in good standing on federal student loans to be eligible).
• Experience in a college financial aid office or similar setting;
• Knowledge of and experience administering federal and/or state aid programs;
• Experience with Ellucian Banner, NSLDS, COD, and/or HESC programs;
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs;
• Experience working with and serving diverse populations.
ONE HOP SHOP
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The screening and selection process is currently underway and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy further, you will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position at SUNY Canton.
Based on your responses to the questions on the employment application, you do not meet the minimum required qualifications for this position. Thank you for your interest in this position at SUNY Canton.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Insight to Diversity
- North Country Now
- Watertown Daily Times
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Do you meet the minimum requirements for this job?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Diversity Statement