Teaching Assistant Professor - Business Communication

Location
West Virginia, United States
Salary
Salary Not Specified
Posted
Mar 17, 2021
Employment Type
Full Time


The John Chambers College of Business & Economics at West Virginia University (WVU), invites applicants for a Teaching Assistant Professor position to begin August 2021 in the Marketing Department. The position is a nine-month, non-tenure track faculty rank position that is eligible for promotion and merit raises.

Qualifications :

A Ph.D. degree in Rhetoric & Composition/Writing Studies, Technical Communication, Communication Studies, or a closely related field is required by the time of employment. The most highly qualified candidates will also have industry experience in professional communication.

Approximately 80% of time is devoted to teaching four sections per semester of business communication classes, typically at the undergraduate level. The remaining 20% is dedicated to service to the Business Communication Center, department, college, university, the state and or nation. Service duties include supporting current faculty with developing program offerings, curriculum development and support, recruitment, student retention, and contributing to the overall communications experience for faculty, staff, and students in the Chambers College.

Candidates should be comfortable teaching both business writing and speaking in online and face-to-face environments. Candidates are expected to embrace a teaching philosophy grounded in experiential learning.

To Apply

Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by April 8, 2021 will receive fullest consideration. For further information contact Elizabeth Tomlinson at Elizabeth.Tomlinson@mail.wvu.edu

Submit all materials via the WVUHire system by visiting https://careers.wvu.edu/career-opportunities

  • A 1-2 page cover letter describing interest and qualifications; include discussion of experience in both written and oral communication
  • Curriculum vitae
  • A statement of teaching philosophy
  • Evidence of teaching experience/effectiveness (e.g. student evaluations)
  • Complete contact information of three professional references


Initial interviews will be completed via Zoom. Finalists will be asked to participate in a teaching demonstration as part of the interview process.

At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.

From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley ā€” the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.

Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.

To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu . View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.

West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.

Similar jobs

Similar jobs