Skilled Trades Tech 2 - (STA007059)
Functions in a highly skilled craft capacity under minimal supervision. Provides basic to intermediate service for mechanical and electrical devices. Works in general construction and maintenance, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, general maintenance exterior maintenance, and scheduled moves and event setup.
- Establishes and performs preventative maintenance schedule for equipment and facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials and maintains adequate inventory levels for skill trades.
- May assist with training other maintenance personnel.
- Performs the duties of skill trades such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, general maintenance, mechanical, HVAC, roofing and exterior maintenance as required.
- Selects materials to complete work requests or projects.
- Assists other specialized crafts in larger, more complex projects, and assists other shops as needed including scheduled moves and event setup.
- May be considered essential personnel and may be assigned to serve on special task force during periods of emergency.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 3 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Prefer at least 288 hours of classroom and related study as designated by apprenticeship standards.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Certification/Licensing: Works toward fulfillment of second year apprenticeship requirements as outlined in a U.S. Department of Labor registered apprenticeship program.
Will require a valid Texas Driver License.
Note: Applicants please attach three (3) professional references with your submission.
Notes to Applicant: Please submit three references along with resume.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston