Associate Professor of Anthropology
Founded twenty years ago, Brac University (BU) has consistently been ranked one of the three best private universities of Bangladesh. A member of the Open Society University Network, BU takes pride in its social mission and its contributions to the UN Agenda 2030. The university, which will move to a new campus in Dhaka in January 2023, is expanding quickly and will have soon 20,000 students.
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) is inviting applications for an appointment as Associate Professor of Anthropology. Following a successful review, this position will become permanent after the first year at Brac University. The duties include teaching three undergraduate and graduate courses a semester, three semesters a year. This teaching load will be reduced to two classes per semester for applicants who maintain an active research and publication program or who assume service duties for the program, school or university.
We welcome applicants with interests in religion and secularism, nationalism, post-coloniality, South Asian studies, gender studies, environmental studies, or social engagement. The ideal candidate will have a rich teaching experience, an interest in curriculum development and pedagogical innovation, a record in producing research of outstanding quality, a willingness to transgress disciplinary boundaries, a commitment to institution-building and network-building, and the ability to attract external funding for projects that are led with partners from around the world.
- A PhD degree in Anthropology from a Top 100 university,
- At least five years of teaching experience as assistant professor,
- A commitment to excellence in teaching, research, service, and outreach,
- Experience with academic administration and curriculum development,
- Experience in working with international partners and funding agencies.
Your application will include:
- A cover letter,
- An updated CV (with the list of your articles in peer-reviewed journals or books in academic presses),
- A statement on your teaching and research interests,
- A sample syllabus with class evaluations,
- Two recent research publications,
- A copy of your PhD degree.
June 1, 2021
Please submit your application to:
Prof. Philippe Forêt
SHSS Dean, Brac University
Apply for Associate Professor of Anthropology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly