Dean of Instruction
Job Posting Title Dean of Instruction Location Los Rios Community College District (Folsom Lake College) Department Location Instruction Posting Number AE00418P The Institution
Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community College District, Folsom Lake College ( FLC ) is a vibrant teaching and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially diverse students each semester. The College and its two educational centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville ( EDC ) and the Rancho Cordova Center ( RCC ), serve the rapidly growing areas of both eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence, innovation, and educational equity.
Our mission is focused on a rigorous educational program with a strong focus on student success. We provide a broad range of academic programs, student support services, learning modalities (including online and hybrid courses), as well as opportunities for student engagement and leadership. We also incorporate the newest technologies for innovative classroom instruction, including collaboration with The Innovation Center Makerspace at the main Folsom campus.
The main Folsom campus also includes the Harris Center for the Arts, a state of the art visual and performing arts venue. The Center presents a diverse program of arts, culture, and entertainment that engages the entire region. It is also home to FLC’s Visual and Performing Arts education programs, as well as local arts organizations and community partners, who embrace the opportunity to perform and learn in a world-class facility.
The main Folsom campus provides educational environments designed to empower, inspire, and enrich our diverse student population, including students from historically underrepresented and underserved populations. Our College awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees, as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into California State Universities and numerous private and non-profit four-year colleges and universities. We also offer Career Education (CE) certificates and degrees and transfer credit for students who wish to continue their education at a four-year college or university.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
The main Folsom campus believes that education should belong to everyone. To nourish this inclusion, we champion equity, diversity, social justice, and environmental sustainability as foundational to academic, campus, and community life. We work with the communities we serve toward just and fair inclusion into a society in which all people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We commit to equity-driven decision-making, planning, and reflective processes that are responsive to the diverse identities and experiences in our community.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction, the Dean of Instruction will have primary responsibility for the Instructional Programs, Curriculum and Scheduling.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
LEADERSHIP / COORDINATION :
● Working with and providing administrative oversight of selected Business Department instructional areas such as Accounting, Business, Economics, Marketing, Management, and Project Management.
● Managing instructor assignments, class schedules, program and performance development, implementation and evaluation, budget recommendations, facilities utilization, and coordination of activities.
● Participating in efforts of enrollment support, including recruitment, persistence, retention, and completion.
● Providing administrative curriculum support and liaison with California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
● Provides administrative leadership in the development and management of the budget in areas supervised.
● Developing and supervising production of the college class schedules, catalogs and related publications.
COLLABORATION / TEAM BUILDING :
● Working with the community to identify appropriate courses or programs of study to be offered.
● Developing and sustaining partnerships with local K-12 schools.
● Assisting the Vice President of Instruction with enrollment management, productivity, and growth.
● Working with faculty, staff and students to facilitate consensus and action on issues.
● Working closely with the Academic Senate to provide leadership in curriculum development activities college wide.
● Serving on college, district, and state committees and advisory groups as directed by the Vice President and/or President.
PROJECT DOCUMENTATION / DELIVERABLES :
● Using technology to organize, categorize, and coordinate instructional data and reports.
● Investigating discrimination complaints.
TRAINING / STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND SUPERVISION :
● Supervising department chairs and manage student interactions in assigned instructional programs.
● Supervising Curriculum and Scheduling Office.
● Providing hiring committee training.
● Coordinating the personnel selection process, including developing and reviewing selection criteria, recruiting, screening, interviewing, evaluating, and recommending within areas of responsibility.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus work and/or hours.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day N/A Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree*, All degrees must be from an accredited institution completed by June 1, 2021.
2. Have one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college.
● To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website under CCCCO Handbook .
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District Administrative position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating degree completion or conferral date)
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $136,580 to $147,838 annually. LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Date 03/17/2021 Closing Date 04/19/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Twelve-month, Educational Administrative Position.
Beginning on or about June 1, 2021
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15094 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the
question below, I certify that the information provided by me is
true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and
on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from
liability all persons and organizations furnishing such
information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento