Administrative Associate II, UM Housing
UM Housing invites applications for an Administrative Associate II to join their team on campus. The UM Housing Office expects that all administrative duties will be performed to meet or exceed professional standards. These standards will be performed in a safe, cooperative, and efficient manner to provide the best possible service to our customers. Under minimal supervision, the person assigned to this position performs administrative support functions for the University Villages, Lewis and Clark Village and the UM Housing Office.
Successful performance in this position will be to provide reception, information, resource, and administrative assistance for students, guests, faculty, staff, and visitors to the University of Montana Campus. To interact with staff, students, guests, faculty, and visitors working, residing or living within the UM Housing facilities. Effective communication and cooperative work association is essential to provide excellence in customer service.
This position reports and directly assists the Executive Director of Housing and Community Standards with day-to-day supervision by the Housing Office Manager. The position also assists the Associate Director of Community and the Assistant Director of Student Conduct in UM Housing. The incumbent also works closely with the Admissions Review Committee and Behavioral Intervention Team.
Specific duties to be performed include:
- Assist residents and visitors at the UM Housing Office
- As part of the UM Housing Marketing Team, this position updates information for the UM Housing website and creates content for various marketing platforms (newsletters, flyers, social media, website)
- Manage the storage unit rentals, contracts, and billing associated with renting of storage units within UM Housing
- Accept, receipt, and process receipts for payments on rent, damages, late fees, etc. Complete spreadsheet entry of daily balancing for deposits
- Sign out keys to residents needing access
- Assist with check-in of residents which includes reviewing policies and procedures, obtaining signatures on a variety of documents, and issuing keys
- Answering phones and providing information
- Answering questions and addressing concerns submitted to the general UM Housing email address
- Processing invoices for payment through BANNER and StarRez
- Take information from residents and maintenance crews and process work orders through the StarRez work order module, which could include creating a new work order, updating, and completing work orders
- Check out equipment which is being either borrowed or rented by residents and do follow up on the return of the equipment
- Assist with Summer Programs – Work with group representatives for lodging and other needs within the housing environment, take reservations, and mail out brochures and other forms. In coordination with the group coordinator, prepare logistics for the group and coordinate those logistics with the summer staff and custodians. Maintain the StarRez database which records group information, provide floor plans and rosters, and prepare invoices to bill the various groups
- Perform administrative and clerical duties associated with student conduct which includes maintaining the student conduct database, preparing letters of notification and letters of determination to be sent to the students, scheduling appointments for the Assistant/Associate Director and Executive Director, and explaining student conduct to the students involved in the incidents
- Manage the process for the Freshman Residency Release requests for freshmen required to live on campus and the Residence Halls Less than Part-Time requests for students living in the residence halls taking less than 7 semester credits
- Manage the Smudging Approval process for UM Housing
- Assist with Assistance Animal Approval process and maintain files
- Assist with the mid-semester and end of fall semester Contract Release process for residents interested in being released from their Residence Hall contract
- Complete and submit rental reference requests for students
- Perform administrative and clerical duties to support the UM Housing Executive Director in her role as the Co-Chair of the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) by taking minutes, preparing correspondence, setting up meetings, and preparing data as requested and needed
- Monitor the StarRez package tracking system for errors and work with Hall Administrative Assistants to identify and correct problems. Create, maintain, and distribute package tracking labels for all of the Area Desks as needed.
- Accept and fulfill mailing label requests for on-campus organizations and bill for these completed requests accordingly
- Serve as copy editor for departmental marketing, outreach, and internal and external communication materials
- Provide general administrative support as required
- Advanced proficiency with various computer programs and basic office equipment
- Expertise in multi-tasking and prioritizing assignments, organize incoming work, and return work products promptly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting while maintaining a superior attention to detail
- Understand multi-step procedures, perform simple mathematical computations, and code or complete routine documents and forms
- Ability to understand receipting process, counting and balancing a cash register, and applying payments directly to charges on a student account in BANNER
- Ability to coordinate work schedules with staff, students, faculty, guests, and visitors to ensure that both customer and building needs are met.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with coworkers, staff, students, guests, visitors, and faculty of the University of Montana
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative working relationships with staff, students, guests, faculty, and visitors at the University of Montana
- Ability to handle sensitive materials and maintain confidentiality
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma, plus experience in an administrative support position, which includes thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, and desk top computing experience including word processing and/or data processing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience with Banner, Maxient, Cascade, and/or StarRez software systems
About UM Housing and UM
UM Housing provides safe, clean, healthy, and affordable living and learning facilities that foster an inclusive community living environment for students, staff, faculty, and guests. The UM Housing Office manages three areas, Residence Halls, Lewis and Clark Village, and University Villages, which provide a variety of housing options for single students, students with dependents, and University guests. Services provided in these facilities support and nurture educational experiences and personal development at the University of Montana.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Admin Assoc II
Position Number: 104210
Department: UM Housing
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $12.92/hr .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner