Adjunct Instructor for Business Administration-Management
Job Description and Expectations
POSITION TITLE: Adjunct Professor, Business Administration - Management
An adjunct instructor is responsible for the planning, preparation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. An Adjunct Instructor performs all other duties as directed by the appropriate Dean, Division Chairperson, or the President or his designee. Adjunct instructors are employed on a part-time, per course basis for one semester, as determined by the Division Chairperson for each academic division. These are non-tenure tract positions.
- Master's degree in the teaching field or Master’s degree with eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in the teaching field.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract
- Prepare course materials and lesson plans
- Provide students an approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the School, texts and readings, assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria
- Use the College’s learning management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles and provide interesting and engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations; provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress
- Be available for student consultation through office hours or scheduled appointments or by phone or email
- Maintain records of enrollment and attendance, assessments and grades, submit class rosters and grade sheets by the deadlines established by the College
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course delivery
- Revise and update course content as needed
- Meet with the Dean or Program Chair as needed to discuss all aspects of the course including student progress and curriculum development (may be required to provide input into program development)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Current knowledge of the relevant discipline
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching adult learners
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring students
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment
- Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching
- Respect for students and a genuine interest in their learning
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues
- For online teaching, experience with teaching fully online or in hybrid format
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- Performance of this job will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian College Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development, keeping current of best practices in area of responsibility
- Adhere to the Jarvis Christian College Code of Ethics
A letter of interest; resume; transcript(s); and the names, titles, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three (3) professional references are required for applicants to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will continue until the position is filled. Electronic submissions are encouraged; please forward your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, or a completed application packet can be submitted to:
Jarvis Christian College Office of Human Resources P.O. Box 1470 Hwy. 80 E, PR 7631 Hawkins, Texas 75765
Jarvis an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Jarvis Christian College is committed to diversity in our faculty, staff, and student body.
Apply for Adjunct Instructor for Business Administration-Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly