Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs (Clinical Associate/Full Professor)
The Arnold School of Public Health (ASPH) at the University of South Carolina, Columbia, invites applications for the position of Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs (AD). This is a 12-month position in the clinical professorial track at the Associate or Full rank and is being offered on a 3 to 5-year renewable contract depending on candidate qualifications and experience. The desired start date for the position is July 1, 2021. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
The AD is responsible for the administration and operations of the Office of Undergraduate Student Services in ASPH and for providing leadership in matters related to the development of undergraduate majors in the School. The office includes a highly experienced staff of teaching faculty, professional advisors and student employees. The office is responsible for all aspects of undergraduate student services, including enrollment management, student recruitment and retention, registration, student advising, orientation programs and degree certification. The AD provides effective oversight of core activities and implementation. The AD reports directly to and is reviewed by the ASPH Dean. At present, the School has 3 undergraduate degrees and an undergraduate population of ~2600 student majors.
Qualified applicants will possess:
- An earned doctoral degree in Public Health or related
- A strong record of increasingly responsible leadership in student services, including supervisory and management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively with staff in the office and other administrators across the School and
- Experience working in a diverse and inclusive higher education environment and a demonstrated commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion and
- Ability to deal sensitively and discretely with confidential information and ensure that the office maintains a high degree of professionalism and
- Strong pedagogical, written and oral communication
Applicants can apply online via the University’s website: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/94636. Required materials include: 1) a cover letter of application; 2) a current CV; 3) a statement reflecting the applicant’s approach to academic leadership and teaching, and 4) contact information for three references. Review of applications will begin April 1, 2021.
Questions should be directed to: Dr. Lee Pearson, Search Committee Chair and Associate Dean for Operations and Accreditation, Arnold School of Public Health, 921 Assembly Street, Suite 422, Columbia, SC 29208 (803-777-5030; email@example.com).
ASPH is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. For more information about the School, please visit: https://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/public_health/index.php.
The University of South Carolina is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Our institution values diversity of all kinds, and we encourage people who identify as women and under-represented minorities to apply. The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in employment practices based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
Apply for Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs (Clinical Associate/Full Professor)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lexington
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lexington
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lexington
- Education Administration & Leadership Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lexington