Postal Services Supervisor
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
Manages all aspects of mailroom operations. Supervises Postal Services Assistant and Work Study students. Schedule would be Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.
- Train and supervise Postal Services Assistant and Work study students;
- Operate College switchboard;
- Operate Pitney Bowes postage meter;
- Sort letters and scan packages; routing incoming mail to appropriate person/department;
- Assign and input student PMB's (Private MailBoxes) into Colleague System;
- Assign and monitor student/staff mailbox keys;
- Input and update Send Suite Tracking System for packages;
- Manage Pitney Bowes Postage Meter Accounts;
- Manage USPS postal accounts;
- Responsible for picking up and dropping off mail at the Franklin post office, when Postal Assistant is out.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work effectively with faculty and students required;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Must be friendly and cooperative;
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds;
- Must be dependable;
- Must adhere to all safety procedures;
- Must adhere to all business procedure guidelines;
- Must be able to work independently;
- Familiarity with postal regulations preferred;
- Supervisory experience preferred;
- Valid Driver's License required.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervises Postal Assistant and Work-Study student employees in all duties of the mailroom;
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing letters/packages;
- Monitor inventory and re-order supplies.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Franklin