Assistant Professor of Agribusiness
Title: Assistant Professor of Agribusiness
Job Category: Faculty
About the College
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC) is a state college in the University System of Georgia with two instructional sites in Southwest Georgia. ABAC’s mission is to provide excellent education by engaging, teaching, coaching, mentoring, and providing relevant experiences that prepare the graduate for life. The main campus is located in Tifton, Georgia. Tifton is a progressive community known for its quality-of-life environment and was recently named one of the 100 Best Small Towns in America. The college has a student body of approximately 4,000 students and a teaching faculty of approximately 135. The School of Agriculture and Natural Resources is one of four schools and offers six of the college’s 12 Bachelor of Science degrees. The school’s enrollment is approximately 32% of the college’s total enrollment (~1,300) and has approximately 50 faculty and staff. The Department of Agriculture is one of three departments within the school. It has a total enrollment of approximately 853 students, three degree programs (BS in Agribusiness, Agriculture, and Environmental Horticulture), and has a total of 19 faculty and staff.
The Department of Agriculture in the School of Agriculture and Natural Resources at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College is seeking applicants for an Assistant Professor of Agribusiness. This is a 10-month tenure track position. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in agricultural economics, agricultural financial management, agricultural marketing, or agribusiness management (assignment will depend on the candidate’s areas of interest and expertise); advise students and student organizations; engage in administrative, service, and scholarly activities; engage in industry and professional organizations, and work effectively as a faculty team member to continually improve courses, degree programs, and student learning experiences.
- An earned doctorate in Agricultural Economics or a closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours related directly to the major.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use current technology in support of instructional activities (including laboratories).
- A primary interest in and a firm commitment to undergraduate education.
- Ability to work cooperatively with students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, and industry stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work with industry stakeholders and other related groups in developing and promoting activities that enhance the student learning experience, promote student engagement, and enhance community and industry relationships.
- Experience in teaching and advising at the college-level.
- A record of successful extramural funding and scholarly activities.
Application Instructions: Candidates will submit a cover letter, CV, philosophy of teaching, copy of transcripts, and a list of three references. Finalists will be required to submit official transcripts and three letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin April 15, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment Start Date: August 1, 2021
For additional information: Contact Dr. Ray Smith, Department Head, Department of Agriculture, 229-391-4809 or email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tifton
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tifton
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tifton
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tifton
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tifton