Adjunct Professor – Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Clinic
The University of Maryland Carey School of Law is seeking an Adjunct Professor to assist with supervision of student attorneys in its Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Clinic (“IPEC”). The position is a two-semester appointment beginning in August 2021 through May 2022.
The Adjunct Professor will supervise IPEC student attorneys and will provide support and legal services to clinic clients on a broad range of business law issues. Under the supervision of the Adjunct Professor, IPEC student attorneys may be asked to provide assistance with business entity selection and formation (including preparation of charter documents), shareholder and stock option agreements, obtaining business permits, and drafting and reviewing various operational agreements (e.g., service contracts, manufacturing agreements, employment agreements, strategic partnerships). Student attorneys may also offer counseling on tax implications of various actions and could potentially assist with obtaining non-profit or benefit status. This position reports to Professor Patricia Campbell, Director of the Maryland Intellectual Property Legal Resource Center and IPEC.
- Supervise clinical law students enrolled in IPEC who are providing assistance to startup companies and entrepreneurs on matters such as company formation, operational issues, and related issues of business and corporate law. This may involve attendance at client meetings, frequent meetings with student attorneys, and review of student attorney work product. Note: Supervision of students will ordinarily take place at Maryland Carey Law in Baltimore. While IPEC is currently operating virtually due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we expect to return to at least partial in-person instruction by August 2021.
- Provide business law expertise and consultation to the IPEC clinic, including teaching class sessions about relevant business law issues as needed.
- Collaborate with IPEC’s clinical law instructors who teach and supervise the intellectual property law aspects of the clinic.
- J.D. plus license to practice law in Maryland.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a practitioner in the field of business law.
- Experience working with startups, emerging companies, and small businesses is strongly preferred.
Compensation: Stipend of $7,500 (or equivalent of 3 credits of adjunct rate per semester).
Interested applicants should submit (a) a cover letter, (b) resume, (c) a relevant legal writing sample, and (d) the names and telephone numbers of at least three references. Posting closing date is April 11, 2021.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability, for any part of the employment process, please contact us at HRJobs@umaryland.edu and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business Administration Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Law & Legal Studies Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore