Assistant to the President – Part Time
ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Reporting to the College President, the Assistant to the President - Part Time is responsible for performing a variety of responsible administrative and clerical support duties of a confidential nature to support day-to-day office operations. Working in a fast-paced, highly energized work environment, the position maintains a high level of professionalism while handling sensitive and confidential information, and interacting with a variety of administrators, community representatives, and public officials arriving at the Office of the President. Performs related duties as required.
- Provides responsible administrative support and performs office manager functions as directed for the Office of the President and for the college’s executive level staff and senior leadership. Acts as a backup for the Executive Office Manager as directed.
- As assigned, provides administrative and office support to the Office of the Vice President and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Provides front desk coverage in the Office of the President. Responds to inquiries and requests for information from visitors, and directs to appropriate personnel.
- Greets and announces visitors arriving at the Office of the President for scheduled meetings or appointments.
- Answers and directs telephone calls, provides general information, takes messages, and routes callers to appropriate staff. Retrieves messages left on voice mail and directs to proper staff.
- Assists in managing the President’s calendar as needed; schedules meetings and events; and apprises the President of daily appointment schedule and commitments.
- Prepares and types correspondence; copies and distributes documents, and maintains spreadsheets and databases. Maintains confidential files, records, and other sensitive information within the Office of the President.
- Provides logistical support for meetings and events, assisting staff in set-up to include arranging for audio and visual technical support, preparing and distributing information materials, ordering food/beverages; scheduling rooms, and tracking attendance.
- Handles incoming and outgoing office mail; opens mail and directs to appropriate staff; and processes outgoing mail. Receives and logs incoming signature requests while keeping an accurate filing system of returned items.
- Performs basic research, compiles data from various sources, and prepares summary reports as requested by the President, executive-level staff, or Executive Office Manager.
- Requests and relays information to college administrators and staff at the request of the President, Executive Office Manager, or executive level staff on specific issues or inquiries. Provides reports on information gathered.
- Prepares purchase requisitions to order supplies and equipment. Reviews invoices and purchase orders for correct charges and verifies delivery of ordered items.
- May serve on committees as assigned.
- May maintain and update business reports to include procurement and requisition reports; budgets and cost reports; event expense reports; and other management reports.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college. Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Three years of experience in an administrative support capacity
- Previous experience supporting executive or office management functions strongly preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration provided the minimum degree requirement is met
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to compose correspondence
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Proficiency in the use of Outlook and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago