Position Announcement: Innovation Teacher (Full Time) beginning for the 2021 – 2022 academic year
Fairfield College Preparatory School is an all-boys Jesuit, Catholic high school of excellence located on the campus of Fairfield University for students in ninth through twelfth grade.
Fairfield Prep Mission Statement
Fairfield College Preparatory School is a Jesuit, Catholic School of excellence forming young men of intellectual competence, who possess the conscience to make wise decisions, a compassion for others, and a commitment to justice in our global society.
Fairfield Prep Vision Statement
Fairfield College Preparatory School strives to be a reflective community of faith, in which students revere their relationship with God and with one another. We are committed to graduating transformational leaders who will respond to global and ecological challenges in an interconnected world marked by profound change.
Fairfield Prep is currently seeking qualified candidates who are energetic and passionate educators for a full time position in the Innovation Department as an Innovation Teacher. The main role of the teacher is to guide and support students in developing the skills and knowledge consistent with the school’s Innovation/Project Lead the Way curricula and the goals of Jesuit tradition. The Innovation Teacher is expected:
- To become the founding faculty member for the Project Lead the
Way course offerings at Fairfield Prep.
- To work with the Academic Dean to determine the ideal PLTW
track(s) and course offerings.
- To prepare daily/weekly lesson plans reflecting a logical
sequence in reaching the course objectives.
- To instruct students according to the design of the McLeod
- To use a variety of instructional strategies and materials that
are effective in imparting knowledge and skills that meet the needs
and abilities of the students.
- To create and maintain a safe, healthy, and positive learning
environment in the classroom.
- To prepare, renew, and administer varied lesson plans and
evaluations that fairly assess objectives and promote critical
- To report student progress on a weekly basis and punctually
complete all interim and semester reports as requested by the
- Differentiate instruction to allow students with differing
learning styles to access course content. Utilize classroom
technology to engage students’ learning.
- Collaborate with colleagues on Innovation curriculum,
instruction, and assessments
- To participate in and attend faculty meetings, Back to School
evenings, Professional Development sessions, award assemblies,
faculty retreats, Commencement Ceremony, Parent-Teacher
conferences, and other events as requested by the
- To effectively communicate the value of the Innovation
Curriculum and how it impacts people and the world around us.
- To perform additional tasks such as perfecting.
- To assist the Academic Dean and Director of Innovation in the
selection of textbooks and course materials.
- To exemplify and practice the role of a life-long learner by
staying abreast with the latest in-field technological and
educational practices, in order to deliver the best education
possible to the students.
The teacher at Fairfield College Preparatory School must be a qualified professional who performs school duties in accordance with the philosophy and goals of Jesuit education. The Fairfield Prep faculty member:
- is committed to incorporating the Grad at Grad
principles in the course objectives and daily lesson plans to
prepare citizens to be “men for and with others”
- is a source of inspiration to students and a Christian witness
worthy of imitation
- promotes teamwork, communication, consistency, quality, and
pride in the educational development of the whole student
- is familiar with and upholds the Student and Faculty
- fully understands the philosophy of Jesuit education and is
committed to its apostolic purpose through personal example.
Qualifications for Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Project Lead the Way Certification
- Minimum of two years’ experience offering PLTW courses
Please use this link to apply for the position.
Prep - Faculty
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to email@example.com