Computer Science Teacher / Instructional Support Specialist
Position Announcement: Computer Science Teacher / Instructional Support Specialist (Full Time) beginning for the 2021 – 2022 academic year
Fairfield College Preparatory School is an all-boys Jesuit, Catholic high school of excellence located on the campus of Fairfield University for students in ninth through twelfth grade.
Fairfield Prep Mission Statement
Fairfield College Preparatory School is a Jesuit, Catholic School of excellence forming young men of intellectual competence, who possess the conscience to make wise decisions, a compassion for others, and a commitment to justice in our global society.
Fairfield Prep Vision Statement
Fairfield College Preparatory School strives to be a reflective community of faith, in which students revere their relationship with God and with one another. We are committed to graduating transformational leaders who will respond to global and ecological challenges in an interconnected world marked by profound change.
Fairfield Prep is currently seeking qualified candidates who are energetic and passionate educators for a full time position in the Innovation Department as a Computer Science Teacher and Instructional Support Specialist. As an Ignatian Educator at Fairfield Prep, the Computer Science Teacher and Instructional Support Specialist will be expected to:
- As a Computer Science Teacher:
- Teach courses in the Innovation Department (Foundations of
Technology & Coding, Game Development, Web Development,
Computer Programming and others)
- Participate in an Ignatian Educator Formation program
- Assist in the extracurricular and spiritual life of the school
- Commit to developing young men to become intellectually
competent, religious, loving, committed to doing justice, and open
- Teach students in a 1:1 setting with iPads
- To become the founding faculty member for the Project Lead the
Way course offerings at Fairfield Prep.
- To work with the Director of Innovation and Academic Dean to
determine the ideal PLTW track(s) and course offerings.
- Teach courses in the Innovation Department (Foundations of Technology & Coding, Game Development, Web Development, Computer Programming and others)
- As an Instructional Support Specialist:
- Serve as point of contact and researcher for all Academic
Technology needs (Turnitin, Positive Physics, etc.)
- Serve as coordinator of Online Bookstore
- Serve as trainer / facilitator for integration of Blackbaud
LMS, attendance and grading
- Collaborate with Parent Fund Director to plan parent technology
- Collaborate with Academic Dean and Director of Innovation to
plan, organize and execute faculty training sessions on integration
- Serve as point of contact and researcher for all Academic Technology needs (Turnitin, Positive Physics, etc.)
Qualifications for Position:
- Candidates must have experience teaching in a high school
- Candidates must have experience with, or be familiar with, the
- Candidates must hold at least a BA; MA preferred
- Candidates must hold a Project Lead the Way Certification (or
qualifications / desire to become certified during the 2021 – 2022
Please use this link to apply for the position.
Prep - Faculty
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield