Central Receiving Attendant
DEPARTMENT: Central Receiving
Receives, sorts and logs all incoming materials, merchandise and supplies for distribution purposes. Prepares outgoing merchandise for shipping. Delivers supplies to all areas of campus including the regular delivery of maintenance supplies to storage areas on campus, including payroll
UNUSUAL WORK CONDITIONS: Daily physical lifting, potential exposure to hazardous materials.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL NEEDED:
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE: A valid driver’s license in good standing along with basic math, computer and communication skills.. Must be able to lift materials averaging between 10-60 pounds.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor: Central Receiving
1. Assists university departments in their inter-campus delivery requirements and bulk delivery to local post office.
2. Receives, ships, sorts and logs incoming materials for distribution.
- Verifies, through purchase order comparison, the materials and quantity received; inspects materials received and rejects damaged materials within guidelines.
- Scanning & receiving deliveries into computer terminal,
- preparing accompanying documentation for materials to be
delivered internally, -delivering supplies to all areas of campus including delivery of maintenance supplies to storage areas,
- utilizing material handling equipment.
3. Assists with the unloading of freight.
4. Compares quantity and identification number of supplies received against
5. Participates in the growth and development of the department. This
- promoting an image of efficiency and courtesy throughout the
university community and consistent with the department’s mission,
- attending departmental meetings as appropriate.
6. Promotes safe and secure working conditions. This involves:
- promoting the proper utilization of equipment and materials,
- notifying supervisor immediately of any unsafe working conditions.
7. Performs other related duties as directed.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Good communication skills
- Managing priorities and deadlines
- Working well in a team
- Problem solving skills
- Quick learning skills
Duties may be changed and/or be added at any time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Finance - Staff
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org